4-player Adapter on Yahoo Auctions

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
So did anyone bid on this on here...

http://page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m93071710

Really nice condition as well. But the limit I told my mate to bid was only 10000 yen, so I was never in the running for it...:lolz:

kachanvega-img533x400-1328452614bc1lde75877.jpg

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
I don't think you could play 4player Riding Hero with that, you can only link the carts for a 2player game can't you.
Even if you can, I am sure that it wouldn't make the game any better...:lolz:

Shame that there are not more than can use it.. Neo Bomberman or perhaps Shock Troopers would be good in a 4player mode.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
I tried, but lost. Sucks, I wanted to make them available to everyone.

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
I tried, but lost. Sucks, I wanted to make them available to everyone.

Ah damn it NTM.. I would have lent it to you if I had won it.
But at 26500 yen, that was out of my price range for an adapter that only appears to work for a game I don't own...:tickled:

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
ack -- it's awesome that you got it with the 1B since the 1B may have a special bios to actually enable the 4P mode.

If you send this to NTM, and if he can't read the BIOS, I can and would gladly do it to help out.

Also, since this was expensive (not sure what you paid), I can send you a donation to show appreciation to help get this PCB/BIOS to NTM for to the community.

Jeff

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
you da MAN!

You know, I'm also in for putting in a donation and I'd be happy to help in any way to get this thing reproduced. I'd say I'm about 60% done on the one I created from Massi's pics.

We should start a donation thread and have everyone who wants to chip in, can. I can dump the bios as well, but realize that I will have to remove the bios from the board and solder it to a adapter board for dumping, then solder it back to the 1b. My only concern is you may not like that. I can figure out the 4player adapter without any modifications to the existing board.

ack

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
No worries about donations. I wouldn't have bought it if I couldn't afford it.

De-soldiering the bios to dump it is fine with me.

-ack

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
This is gonna be an awesome year for the Neo Geo.

:buttrock:

Last edited:

TonK

Least Valuable Player
ack is really an awesome dude. Helped me out on more than one occasion.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Nice work. I am eager to see what you guys figure out. Thank you.

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
ack - great win mate, and really good that you are happy to donate the unit for dumping/reproduction.
Jeff, Brian - and a big thanks from the community to you guys for trying to get this all done. :buttrock:

This sure is going to be good year hearing about the progress you guys make. Hopefully we can find maore gmaes that can make use of the adapter... :)

Zellez

King's Dry Cleaner
That's a very interesting kit!

I think this can also shed some light on my post here .

Mine is just a guess, but the game that can be used with the adapter could be Pochi to Nyaa.
I've got my MVS board + Pochi to Nyaa cart from a Japanese arcade operator, and at the time he was selling also another copy of the game with a MV1B.
Being interested only in the cart, when buying it I decided to go for the one with the MV1A since it was a bit cheaper. I remember asking him about the price difference, and he told me that the first one was cheaper because the MV1A was larger than the MV1B.

Anyway, I noticed that the carton box in the picture of the auction that ack won lists a game included on the kit. Right now I cant really read what's written on the MVS label since is too small, but it won't be long before we will be able to know!

Looking forward to know more about that :)

edit: the text of the first auction posted by rcant77 says that this goes with Kizuna

Last edited:

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Kudos to you ack, I'm deeply impressed and grateful.

Brian I'm happy this could turn in revealing the BIOS as well, hopefully letting everybody playing the 4P version tnx to your card replica.

Please consider me available to donate and help this project.

Massi

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Right now I cant really read what's written on the MVS label since is too small, but it won't be long before we will be able to know!

風雲スーパータッグバトル

outlaw_moon

Marked Wolf
This surely great news and a great start to 2012. Big ups to ack and all those that will be involved in reverse engineering the multi tap:buttrock:

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Ok, here something:

first Zellez MV1A socket "mistery" BIOS:

CIMG3373.jpg

then the auction kit box (notice the same "competition use" Kanji of the BIOS).

4p_yahoo.png

here a better picture of the whole, for better reference:

4P_complete.png

Seems Zellez BIOS "could" be indeed something related to a multiplayer project (even if AFAIK, there is no way to hook the blue cable from the daughtercard to a MV1A, just MV1B).

@Zellez
I think I can find someone in Japan able to dump the BIOS in case you are still there.

Edit:

対戦用  
「たいせんよう」(taisenyou)
competition use

Last edited:

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
OK, It's been about a year since I last worked on the design. Looking over it now I'm confident I can make the board about half the size it is now. I'll probably remove the Jamma connectors from the sides. This isn't a huge deal since anyone who wants it in a cab we can make custom cables to do that.

Remember, Size = Money. The larger it is, the more it costs to get produced. Think I'll start getting a breadboard together with my current design. It will give me something to do while we wait. Now to find the parts list I made last year.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
No worries about donations. I wouldn't have bought it if I couldn't afford it.

De-soldiering the bios to dump it is fine with me.

-ack

You are awesome indeed, I'd love to get my hands on that BIOS for my homebrew project.