Yaton Carts

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
I just received two carts from yaton.
I read in the forums that his carts were dirty but this is just ridiculous. I cant get these white stains off the carts with isopropyl alcohol, does anyone have any suggestions ?

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
stains on the cartridge case itself or the label?

If they are on the case I would try Goo-Gone.

Sypth

Mr. Big's Thug
Try high grit sand paper and then finish it off by cleaning it up with WD-40

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
magic eraser?

is the label even worth worrying about? most of his seem to be repros or damaged.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Dishwasher, no soap.

Replace lables.

VHS spine stickers work great.

These are from Yaton. My last order came w/ Spiders. SPIDERS.

Just remove the boards, Pot/Pan setting hi-temp wash the shells (NO SOAP), and enjoy your new 'custom' labels.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
yaton sell carts on ebay, his auction pics show stacks of MVS carts so you have no idea what you are getting until it arrives..

neo-geo-mvs

Sieger's Squire
10 Year Member
yaton sell carts on ebay, his auction pics show stacks of MVS carts so you have no idea what you are getting until it arrives..

If you tell him what you're looking for e.g. good condition English label with serial number then he will send you a picture of the exact cart you're gonna get. They will still be dirty and need a clean

Sixth

Sakura's Bank Manager
The last cart I got from Yaton had half the sand in Death Valley inside the cart. After emptying it outside, I found that the parts of the pcbs that weren’t sticky were covered in some kind of white, cloudy film.

Funny thing is, MVS carts are so resilient that the carts that I got on the cheap from Yaton still worked, no matter how screwed up they looked.

Darren870

Previously Lusted for Lard
I like what he ships the games in personally. I know a few members have received their games in pizza & tampon boxes.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Who's this yaton guy?

Legend.

YPlus Teknowlogees FTW!

There are some Yaton threads on this site that are BestOf worthy.

Nothing beats the Yaton omake packaging. It's been suggested he send actual items of the ilk he packs your order in.

I would love to get ramen w/ my carts.

He can keep the tampons tho.

X^S

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Yeah, with Yaton carts, it's just easiest to rip the label off (it'll be worn away to nothing anyways) and give the shells and PCBs an industrial cleaning. Then get a replacement label and you'll have a mighty respectable game.

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
But the labels are real with serials and holographic. I'm trying to get this sticker off of the label without fucking it up.

HeavyMachineGoob

10 Year Member
But the labels are real with serials and holographic. I'm trying to get this sticker off of the label without fucking it up.

The problem is it's really hard to clean the cartridge shell with the label still on. The PCBs could still get very clean, but there's far too many nooks and crannies in MVS cart shells for manual cleaning to be effective. The best you could do is wipe the outside of the shell, toothbrush the grill vents and hopelessly try to clean the insides.

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
you can clean the inside with a brush or toothbrush. just have to be extremely careful.

HeavyMachineGoob

10 Year Member
Even a brush isn't as effective as tossing the plastic shells in the dishwasher, or a sink full of soapy water. As I said there's a ridiculous amount of hard-to-reach places inside MVS shells. It's virtually impossible to fully clean a pair without submerging them in liquid.

Of course, that may not bother some people. After all, it's the inside of the shell, hardly anyone would normally be in there. For some it may just be enough to get the roaches out, wipe the insides a bit and put it on the shelf...

Sypth

Mr. Big's Thug
wd 40 on a label? wouldnt that stain it?
I was saying as far as the actual cartridge goes. I'm with everyone else, If you're talking about the label being ruined, it's ruined, just replace it. Especially with old stickers, no matter how much you blow dry them it'll always take some part of the label with it. But definitely don't put WD-40 on that, that's definitely a no-no.

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Guess I'm lucky that the Breaker's Revenge cart I bought from him only needed light cleaning.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Guess I'm lucky that the Breaker's Revenge cart I bought from him only needed light cleaning.

Ditto. I just got a Breakers Revenge from him last week and was surprised how relatively clean it was. After hearing all the stories, I didn't know what to expect. I guess it's hit and miss with him.