Opinions on my copy of Metal Slug X

dedalusdedalus

Crossed Swords Squire
Hey guys, I recently acquired this copy of Metal Slug X from a pretty reputable, non-French seller. What does everybody think about its authenticity?

I don't see any pixelization on the Neo Geo logos on the insert or manual, the position of the staples seems correct, and the centering and cut of the insert seem to match the pictures on NG's "cart pics" section.

I'd appreciate your input on this issue, since I trust the community's judgment more than my own.

http://s970.photobucket.com/albums/ae182/daedalus2009/Metal Slug X/

Last edited:

Grandmaster B

B. Jenet's Firstmate
I think some members of the forum will already see credibility in the non-french provenance of the game. :)

I don't own the game myself, so I can't really compare. Your copy seems to have sun fading on the spine though, which is not typical for a boot or conversion.

waku7

Dodgeball Yakuza
Please don't joke too much with french people..

As an opinion, I'm 99.99% sure the game is real. The sunfade, as said Grandmaster, tends also to prove that it's a legit game. And of course, it's a real sunfade, with the red which goes to this traditionnal magenta sunfade, and game is used, and the pcbs of MSX are very hard to reproduce. I guess if you do a fake MS X, you at least do a minty copy, to put a high price. Because your copy is " for me" of very less value than the average price, maybe not more than 450/500 Euros. The sunfade is a price killer when you really notice it. In some cases it doesn't bother me, but on this one...