Omega Neo Geo CMVS VS Analogue CMVS Slim

Zinji

Kabuki Klasher
So which one is superior? I'm in the market for a CMVS system and I don't know what to buy?

Halfabag

B. Jenet's Firstmate
They both seem like good machines but i have gone for the Analogue CMVS. Will let you know what it's like when it arrives :drool_2:. Will be interesting to see which machine other people prefer though.

Zoel

New Challenger
I went with the Omega because its cheaper, I think overall both of them are pretty much the same machine, just do you want a slick looking wood one, or a regular plastic one.

dalde1

n00b
Omega for me because the boards are connected to the jamma harness so if the MV1C has any problems it can just be swapped out, I have a spare MV1C (new one) that will keep hold of in case that I'm also using while finish of building my own CMVS. I still can't get over how much more impressive the picture is than my 3-6 AES with the RGB traces cut. Would a 'proper' RGB bypass mod get rid of the little checkerboard image ? (not lines as before the mod got rid of them). I will post some pics up at somepoint when get some time !

genetik

Mr. Big's Thug
Omega for me. I was one of the earliest pre-order (June '11). Took six months before it was ready, but it was worth the wait.

Although Analogue looks like a real quality product, I just don't like the wood finish. I’m sure that it’s more sturdy than the Omega (I’m guessing since it’s made of wood). I'm in the early thirties and this reminds way too much of old the TVs and top loading VCRs that were popular in the late 70’s early 80’s. I just don’t like the mix of electronics and wood.

Zinji

Kabuki Klasher
I went with the Omega because its cheaper, I think overall both of them are pretty much the same machine, just do you want a slick looking wood one, or a regular plastic one.

Omega for me because the boards are connected to the jamma harness so if the MV1C has any problems it can just be swapped out, I have a spare MV1C (new one) that will keep hold of in case that I'm also using while finish of building my own CMVS. I still can't get over how much more impressive the picture is than my 3-6 AES with the RGB traces cut. Would a 'proper' RGB bypass mod get rid of the little checkerboard image ? (not lines as before the mod got rid of them). I will post some pics up at somepoint when get some time !

Omega for me. I was one of the earliest pre-order (June '11). Took six months before it was ready, but it was worth the wait.

Although Analogue looks like a real quality product, I just don't like the wood finish. I’m sure that it’s more sturdy than the Omega (I’m guessing since it’s made of wood). I'm in the early thirties and this reminds way too much of old the TVs and top loading VCRs that were popular in the late 70’s early 80’s. I just don’t like the mix of electronics and wood.

Good, because I've finally placed an order for the Omega CMVS, I hope it's good as in the pictures! :)

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
They're both great looking machines. Big price difference between the two but that's due to the craftsmanship of a wooden console.

One thing I did love about having a wooden CMVS is that the weight from the wood made it so easy to remove a cart from the slot, I didn't have to put my hand on the CMVS to remove the game since the weight from wood held the CMVS down.

Both of them look great but also neither of them is my cup of tea. But I know anyone who's in the market for one would be happy with either of them.

arcwyvern

King's Dry Cleaner
I think the aesthetics of the Omega beat out the wooden one. The price is also alot nicer. I'm very happy with my Omega.

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Is matter of your very own preferences. IMO both are like a wannabe AES. I would prefer something light and smaller with own personality, like one that XianXi designed in white wood some time ago (good work btw!) or the ones I make in plastic, but that's my opinion.

hitorkori

Cheng's Errand Boy
woody003.jpg

i like the wooden cmvs as its buiit to last but the omega is nice for the price its what id imagine snk home mvs would have looked like if marketed bk 20 yrs bk ;)

vasilas432

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Us
Interesting thread! Looks like both are pieces of art with their own way each! I will order Omega (Ωμέγα) though!

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Love my Omega, The analogue ones are very very nice, but just too expensive for me. I wanted something that looked like an official product and the Omega is exactly that. I also worry about how the wooden sticks will look after regular use over the course of a year or two.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I think they are both ultra expensive gaming devices that will be difficult to justify to your friends.

I got the AI CMVS, if only because I can say its wood/hand made. Not just a plastic box.

Mr. Zurkon

Zero's Secretary
I have an Omega as well and I absolutely love it :D I'm sure the Analogue is fantastic too, but price was an issue and I also didn't want to have to wait 2 months or more to get one.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
By the way, no offence to the omega. I think it looks great. non neo fans may not think so though.

AI has more wow factor.

Rauhwelt

n00b
I had this conversation with myself a few weeks ago. Was on the market for a nice CMVS and it came down to these two to be honest.

The Analogue CMVS sure is a piece of art and looks really nice but also because of that it's damn expensive. Not saying the Omega isn't expensive but $200 is a large gap.

For me the choice was quite clear though because I think the original AES looks awesome and the Omega isn't far off. Also the lower price wasn't hurting it. Can't wait to get my Omega.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
I fell in love with the AI the moment I saw pictures of it. It is even more stunning in the flesh - the rock solid build, the faint aroma of varnished wood.

The AI is a splurge for sure, but a worthy one.

If money were no object I would gladly have the Omega as well as it seems every bit the AI's equal, just different.

I feel as though now that MVS trying to be an AES clone isn't quite my thing. The AI drew a distinct line with this despite the consolization.

betterdavid

Mr. Big's Thug
I fell in love with the AI the moment I saw pictures of it. It is even more stunning in the flesh - the rock solid build, the faint aroma of varnished wood.

The AI is a splurge for sure, but a worthy one.

If money were no object I would gladly have the Omega as well as it seems every bit the AI's equal, just different.

I feel as though now that MVS trying to be an AES clone isn't quite my thing. The AI drew a distinct line with this despite the consolization.

Spoiler alert: They are both shaped like an AES

Money didn't factor into my decision to buy the Omega over the AI. Personally, the plastic, AES exterior of the Omega was exactly what I was looking for - something that can sit next to my SNES, Dreamcast, and and PS1 and be easily identifiable as being the rad Neo Geo that I always wanted as a kid but could never afford (like most folks). If it was wood, it wouldn't match, and that would drive me nuts.

I see the appeal of the AI. It's a well made machine, but I don't think I'm alone in the above sentiment.

Last edited:

vasilas432

They're both great looking machines. Big price difference between the two but that's due to the craftsmanship of a wooden console.

One thing I did love about having a wooden CMVS is that the weight from the wood made it so easy to remove a cart from the slot, I didn't have to put my hand on the CMVS to remove the game since the weight from wood held the CMVS down.

Both of them look great but also neither of them is my cup of tea. But I know anyone who's in the market for one would be happy with either of them.
This can be a reason for me to finally prefer the analog...Are you serious about that? You don't even touch it a little? What is the weight of he unit?

medic_wheat

Kabuki Klasher
I have the Analog but mostly because thats all I knew about before they made the slime. Both machines look nice do what you want but for me it comes down to this...

Have one more gameing system made out of plastic ... or a wooden one that sticks out more.

vasilas432

The design inspiration was a space fairing bathroom scale
Ha ha yes indeed!!! And the little cherry is the price! If you buy it now then the seller becomes st. Claus and throws in a game!!!!

Last edited: