What causes these lines?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
This is an MV1F. Everything is cleaned.

Does this with both low and high meg games. Also Unibios splash is perfectly clear.

lines1.jpg

lines2.jpg

lines3.jpg

joshie

n00b
This happens with one of my mv1fs. Applying upwards pressure to the game fixes it. I designed the case to account for it instead of figuring out why like I should have.... I suspect it is your reader if the bios is clear.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Cart shifting doesn't change anything. I'm suspecting a broken trace. Wish I knew which one.

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
Last edited:

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
I've seen those lines once (or twice) before.

I put a a MVS cart. in my 2F--Powered it up--And it posted with a bunch of white lines on the screen, just like what your seeing.

All I did to clear it up was put another cart in the 2F, and watch it power up and demo fine.

Then I powered down the 2F--switched carts--put the suspect cart back in--and it watched the suspect cart. demo fine.

Made me think the lines were due to a bad insert (slot contact connection error).

EDIT: I recall the other cart now: FOOTBALL FRENZY:

I hadn't played the game in a while. I tossed it in the NEO. It posted with a bunch of white lines--like what you're seeing. I tired another cart. It worked fine. I put FF back in the NEO and it posted the Cross Hatch of Death. So, I erased the contacts. Retried FF. And the cart worked perfect.

tx

Last edited:

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
What I meant was the address lines that are higher than the ones used by the bios. That would be A16 and up.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Reflowed the LSPC and no change. There isn't any bad traces so it leads me to believe another IC is bad or the LSPC itself.

smkdan

Galford's Armourer
See if FIXD0-FIXD7 on the slot/mainboard are good. That can get you those vertical lines that cover everything including sprites. I have some MAME pics with an S1 that simulates that problem and it's close to what you're seeing: http://imgur.com/a/cna8X#0

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
See if FIXD0-FIXD7 on the slot/mainboard are good. That can get you those vertical lines that cover everything including sprites. I have some MAME pics with an S1 that simulates that problem and it's close to what you're seeing: http://imgur.com/a/cna8X#0

Do you know where those traces go from the riser card to the main board? I have 100% continuity from riser card to main board.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
FIXED. Thanks smkdan.

FIXD0-FIXD7 were all going to the LS244 @ E1. D7 had no connection but I followed the pattern:

D6 - 15
D5 - 13
D4 - 11
D3 - 8
D2 - 6
D1 - 4
D0 - 2

So obviously D7 was pin 17.

Headache over.