Neo Pad

Zellez

King's Dry Cleaner
yes it fits. AES, MVS (where available) and CD have all the same joypad/stick connection.

The one on the auction looks kinda expensive tho. I'm sure there are cheaper around.

It needs a 5v line to run, the old style stick doesn´t so check if you wired 5v to the controller port.

ShadowDancer

New Challenger
Thank you for help guys :)

My AES stick runs fine on it....does that mean the pad would...or do i have to do something for the 5v line you mentioned.

Thank you again.

ShadowDancer

New Challenger
OT

I got a Wild Fang board today....the 3rd button that does the transform...it works sometimes then others not...
Do i need to do something with my stick...or maybe there is a fault somewhere...(*even when i have stars to transform*)

Figured it can't do no harm to ask here...

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
OT

I got a Wild Fang board today....the 3rd button that does the transform...it works sometimes then others not...
Do i need to do something with my stick...or maybe there is a fault somewhere...(*even when i have stars to transform*)

Figured it can't do no harm to ask here...

Try using a metal polish like brasso to clean the jamma connector on your wild fang. I had several boards that didn't register inputs because of a dirty connector.

ShadowDancer

New Challenger
Thank you...i have some brasso, it wont harm it then? The strip did have some dirt on it...i havent used brasso on it tho.

Thank you for help :)

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Thank you...i have some brasso, it wont harm it then? The strip did have some dirt on it...i havent used brasso on it tho.

Thank you for help :)

I've done it many times and it works like a champ. Here are some tips on cleaning it.

1. Put some rubbing alcohol on a paper towel and wipe down the connector.
2. While the connector is still wet, apply some brasso to a paper towel and start scrubbing. (repeat this step as necessary)
3. Use some more rubbing alcohol and paper towel to remove any lingering residue.

ShadowDancer

New Challenger
Thanks Shadow, I am grateful for the advice - I'll nip up the shed tomorrow, get the stuff out (daylight)

Many thanks mate.

Sixth

Sakura's Bank Manager
You planning on using the pad for all manner of Neo games? I only ask because you - or your friends, rather - may find it a bit frustrating when using it for fighters.

ShadowDancer

New Challenger
Hi dazza ;-), how's the supergun going?

Good Thank you buddy :)

Up to stage 6 (final stage) of willow in 1 credit - loving it...it all falls apart on stage 6. Got Wild Fang today, an old fave of mine, up to stage 3 on 1 credit, hard as nails...needs some serious playtime, getting the feel for it tho. Gonna do that clean on the strip tomorrow...random places...doesn't seem to want to transform...hoping the clean will do the trick. Hoping someone will sell me a Growl..then i'm okay then...!! (for a week or two haha)

You planning on using the pad for all manner of Neo games? I only ask because you - or your friends, rather - may find it a bit frustrating when using it for fighters.

It will for more like games wild fang and growl...its pointless them playing me at fighters as I do sink time into them, learn specials and patterns, I'm not that good, but to play someone who isn't even sure what a joystick is...well you get what I mean :)

Sixth

Sakura's Bank Manager
The NG-CD pad is a fine little controller for most other games. I just thought I’d give you a shout about it if you were planning on going crazy on Real Bout of KOF with it.
By the way, give this video a look; Xian-Xi, a member here, was nice enough to put this little do-it-yourself video up on youtube for folks who were having trouble with some of the pads. They’re sturdy little controllers, but if they were the previous owner’s primary control, then there’s a chance that the wear and tear will rear its ugly head by the time it gets to you. This video will help you fix the most common issue with this particular pad:

ShadowDancer

New Challenger
Thank you. Any videos or how to guides on putting the 5v on it would be great. I've really not done anything like that before.

Thank you for all the kind help and advice guys :)

Sixth

Sakura's Bank Manager
Thank you. Any videos or how to guides on putting the 5v on it would be great. I've really not done anything like that before.

Thank you for all the kind help and advice guys :)

Can't help you there, man. Try Tech' Support; the guys that hang out there are more than capable of helping you through it. I'm not sure if a video exists, but there may some form of instructional on the procedure. Best of luck, though.

Sixth

Sakura's Bank Manager
i love and hate the neo pad, but all for the AES stick :D

Same here; it's a neat little removal from the traditional stick, as long as you're not playing anything that requires any meaningful inputs.

ShadowDancer

New Challenger
Thank you again. I will look into (have already tried) about 5v as -5v for sound on some boards. I think the minius 5 is something you do to the supergun tho (i don't think I have the option with the vogatek mk4?)

I'll read more after a nights sleep. Again, thank you for friendly help.

I tend to read the same things, for enjoyment, I really need a learning course on basic electronics...

I'll get there :)

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
shadow, i use a atx type power supply that has -5v on the the plug, and off the top of my head raiden uses it and a lot of later williams jamma games, smash tv, nba jam, etc......

ShadowDancer

New Challenger
Panda...I got an atx....:) Am I looking for one of the plugs I don't use...

I know I use the 16 Gang that goes onto the vogatek for power.....

I understand that the actual power it gives is 5v for the board..

(I may even have this wrong - I am trying to learn...)

Thank You Panda.

neo-geo-mvs

Sieger's Squire
10 Year Member
Just steal the 5v from the vogatek solder a wire from either pin 3,4,C or D on the jamma connector and wire it to pin 8 of the joystick port sorted then daisy chain to second player works a treat