MVS BIOS Chips

thieslo

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone has found a decent resource for getting NeoGeo BIOS chips?

I know I can pick up one from Razool for 25euros, but I was wondering about picking up a stock Japanese BIOS.

Surely there must be plenty of Japanese BIOS chips floating around considering the number of dead boards people have for parts.

If there isn't a resource, does anyone have a dead Japanese BIOS they wouldn't mind trading for a US BIOS? :scratch:

My wife wants to work on her Japanese, and I figure that may be an easy way.

TIA!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I have a bunch of AES and MVS stock bios.

I only know for AES PO is Japanese and EPO is English. What is the name for MVS bios? I think I have J2, U2, S2?!?

thieslo

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
thank you for the responses guys :)

xian, i sent you a pm regarding an sp-j2 bios :)

thieslo

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
Funny, I removed my extra US BIOS just to test how easy it was. Came out, no bent pins. Then went to remove a Japanese BIOS. RIIIIiiiiiP... Half the pins are bent O.O ...

I bend them back carefully, remove my BIOS and pop in the SP-J2 in my big red. Wooo!! I have Magical Drop 3 in all its japanese glory. The voices for all of the characters sound wonderful (except creepy pedo-guy). Why did they remove so much in the US version?!

Granted, I don't know how to change any of the options since I can't read a lick of japanese, but hopefully my wife can help me there :D

thanks all.

thieslo

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
xian used his super magic powers and overnighted it :D doesnt he do that for you too?

;) j/k i looked through my parts board and i had one :) go figure.

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
I have a Unibios v3.0 so I can fake any bios I want ;) I figure it's just as good as any old stock bios.