Desert Island Four-Slot - Non-Fighting games. What are your "Top Four" must have games?!

blkdog7

n00b
Desert Island Four-Slot - Non-Fighting games. What are your "Top Four" must have games?!

Just curious....

If you were stranded on a desert island with only a NEO GEO 4-slot, and were not a fighting game guy, what four games would you want?!

:)

NOTE: You are only allowed one puzzle game! :)

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
metal slug x
puzzle de pon
thrash rally
crossed swords.

no need for wind jammers since i assume i can fashion a frisbee from a coconut plus i have a beach.

blkdog7

n00b
Awesome! Already learned about two games I never played!

Yes, it is permissible to use the coconuts and beach as a basis for game choice decisions. :)

EDIT: I think I played Thrash Rally. Really? That game?

Last edited:

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
Metal Slug 3
Aero Fighters 2
Neo Driftout
Ghostlop

With those games I could stay there forever... :D

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
EDIT: I think I played Thrash Rally. Really? That game?

i dont know exactly why, but i prefer it to neo drift out and i would need a driving game in my 4 slot if im stuck for eternity with it.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Overtop
NAM 1975
Pulstar
Shocktroopers

shadows

Mature's Make-up Artist
Windjammers
Metal Slug 3
Magical Drop 3
NEO Mr Do!

Ukee

Geese's Thug
Bust A Move Again
Twinkle Star Sprites
Neo Drift Out

Normally the last one would be KoF98, but since no fighting games around I will have to go for the next best thing...

SUPER DODGE BALL!!!

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Baseball Stars 2
Neo Turf Masters
Strikers 1945 Plus
Sengoku 2

i guess that has me covered

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
metal slug 3 (normally I find this game overwhelming as I don't credit feed, but I supose if I were on a desert island with nothing else to do I would have plenty of time to memorize the whole game)
sengoku 3 (crazy great combo system, chain system for scoring, high difficulty level, This would last me a good while)
metal slug 1 (my favorite non fighter on the neogeo)
strikers 1945 + (not really one of my fave shmups ever but as far as neogeo games go I think with it's multiple loops and all it would probably last a while)

funny how the games I would take on a desert island are mostly not my favorite games in general. But most of my favorites are competitive games.... stranded alone I would want the kinda games that would take hundreds of hours to master.

DeadPixels

Beast Buster
i was going to pick bazing star myself DP, but strikers has me on the loops ;)

Can't blame you for that, my man. Was actually going to try to get in some more paractice tonight. Still can't beat 300k, I get too sloppy after stage 3.

Ukee

Geese's Thug
funny how the games I would take on a desert island are mostly not my favorite games in general. But most of my favorites are competitive games.... stranded alone I would want the kinda games that would take hundreds of hours to master.

Yeah I am noticing the flaw is my list is that I picked mostly multiplayer games. I do love playing Bust A Move so much though I really can't get bored of it, Super Dodge ball would help cure my fighting fix, but TSS I can see getting old after a while with no one else to play against. I need to find some other shurmp that would take a lot of time to master.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
Windjammers
Blazing Star
Super Dodge Ball
Metal Slug

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Pulstar
Sengoku 1
Shock Troopers
Metal Slug 3

... for now

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Baseball Stars 2
Bust a Move Again
Twinkle Star Sprites
Windjammers

BlueBMW

New Challenger
I've only own maybe 12 neo geo games total, but of them I'd take these 4:

Metal Slug 1
Magical Drop 2
Blazing Star
Strikers 1945+

Magical Drop 2 just seems to draw me back in every time... I hear magical drop 3 is even better!

^^^^ 2D_Master... is that a sig with Xcom UFO defense in it?! Love that game! :D

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member

Metal Slug 1
Magical Drop 2
Blazing Star
Strikers 1945+

Magical Drop 2 just seems to draw me back in every time... I hear magical drop 3 is even better!

^^^^ 2D_Master... is that a sig with Xcom UFO defense in it?! Love that game! :D

thats a very good answer, bimmer. could you fill a second 4 slot for us?

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member

Metal Slug 1
Magical Drop 2
Blazing Star
Strikers 1945+

COULD YOU ELABORATE MORE SIR?

BlueBMW

New Challenger
LOL!

I could fill a second 4 slot, but it'd be fighting games so I cant really do that in accordance with the OP's topic! Besides, there's only one power outlet on said desert island so I could only plug one cab in anyways.

What I'd need are some extra buttons, since all these games seem to be big time button mashers!

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
LOL!

I could fill a second 4 slot, but it'd be fighting games so I cant really do that in accordance with the OP's topic! Besides, there's only one power outlet on said desert island so I could only plug one cab in anyways.

What I'd need are some extra buttons, since all these games seem to be big time button mashers!

Which button mashurs r your fav?