THE ULTIMATE 11

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
i send them back and tell them to stop selling boots and gimme my money back. panda don play that crap :/

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Yep. I've been lucky so far with my one ebay purchase of KOF98, but if I ever got a boot I'd get my money back. Worse comes to worse, I would talk to the credit card company directly and get the money back without sending the cart back. If it's a boot, it's not like they need another cart to add to their boot pile

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Normally, I would do that (if I bought the cart as a single).

But, in this case, I got the Boot in a small lot of NEO stuff--all other items are legit (look good and work great).

And I want to keep these other items.

So, I'm thinking I'm kinda stuck with the ULTIMATE boot.

Last edited:

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Dang man, that makes it harder to get money back since the whole purchase would be up for debate I'm sure :p

I have no experience dealing with lot orders though so I wonder what other people think

shadows

Mature's Make-up Artist
If it was cheap, it's good for parts..I'd make another boot with it ;)... Ghostlop is a decent game to have.
Otherwise I'd send it back or in your case ask for a partial refund.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Yeah, as far as I know, BootBay works lot sales as--All or Nothing.

Hay, don't feel bad for me. I was actually bidding on the other items in the lot (since I already have a copy of SS:TU11).

This copy is kinda like a consolation prize to me. :D

Last edited:

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
If it was cheap, it's good for parts..I'd make another boot with it ;)... Ghostlop is a decent game to have.
Otherwise I'd send it back or in your case ask for a partial refund.

Heh, re-boot the boot. :D

I like it. Sounds cool.

What other games can the ULTIMATE BOOT play?

Last edited:

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Hey, JNX has a list of games.

And it has all the carts with PROGBK1 and CHA256 on it.

Aero Fighters 3, Art of Fighting 3: Path of the Warrior, Bust-A-Move Again "EX" / Puzzle Bobble 2, Captain Tomaday, Chibi Marukochan Deluxe Quiz, Fatal Fury 3, Flip Shot, Goal! Goal! Goal!, Kabuki Klash, King of Fighters '95, King of Fighters '96, Magical Drop 3, Metal Slug, Neo Bomberman, Ninja Master's, Over Top, Pleasure Goal 5-on-5 Street Soccer / Futsal, Pulstar, Ragnagard, Real Bout Fatal Fury, Samurai Shodown 3: Blades of Blood, Shock Troopers, Stakes Winner 2, Super Sidekicks 4: The Ultimate 11

Loks like there are some good games on this list.

Last edited:

shadows

Mature's Make-up Artist
The game doesnt have to be one that uses those boards only. You could make just about any of the rarer/pricier games worth making a boot for with the PROGBK1 and CHA256 boards.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
I didn't know that.

Ok, I noticed Ghost Lop is GSC/256.

So, what other PROG and CHA board games can the BK1/256 boards support?

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I didn't know that.

Ok, I noticed Ghost Lop is GSC/256.

So, what other PROG and CHA board games can the BK1/256 boards support?

You can use a lot of different sac boards for the Ghostlop prog board. It only uses 27C160 for V1 and 27C800 for P1.

And that cart isn't the Ultimate boot.

The Ultimate Boot must contain all below:

Fake label w/fake serial
Repro Cart Shell
Eproms
Mask Rom
SOIC to DIP adapter
and wire work.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Dang, looks like a booter has to do a lot of work if they want to make the ULTIMATE BOOT. :D

---------------------------------------

Is IRONCLAD any good?

I noticed that it's a BK1/256 game.

And it looks like I have all the chips for it already on the board.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Dang, looks like a booter has to do a lot of work if they want to make the ULTIMATE BOOT. :D

---------------------------------------

Is IRONCLAD any good?

I noticed that it's a BK1/256 game.

And it looks like I have all the chips for it already on the board.

Ironclad is ok, I prefer Ghostlop or you can scrub the net and maybe find some Bang 2 Busters roms.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Throw it in the boot pile. That one has real boards and EPROM chips that can be used for other games, so it will be very useful as a donor cart for projects.

Ironclad is a good game. I'm quite certain that the cartridge version wasn't canceled due to an issue of quality. The problem is it isn't a viable arcade game. Ironclad goes way easy on the difficulty and it's quite reasonable for the first 3/4 of the game at least. It wouldn't have made operators enough money. That's why it was still released, but only for the home market (CD).

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Ok. I got all the Roms off the boards:

1x AMD 27C010-120DC
1x TOS TC571001D-15
6x ST M27C160-100F1
4x ST M27C322-100F1

-----------------------------------

What Roms do I need to find for Ghostlop and Ironclad? I think I need a 27C800 Rom for Ghostlop. But, not sure about Ironclad.

Last edited:

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
You can make ironclad or ghostlop with the eproms you have.

Ghostlop:
1x AMD 27C010-120DC
1x TOS TC571001D-15
2x ST M27V160-100F1
2x ST M27C322-100F1

Ironclad:
1x AMD 27C010-120DC
1x TOS TC571001D-15
3x ST M27V160-100F1
4x ST M27C322-100F1

If you double up on the image for the p rom for ghostlop, you can safely burn it onto 27c160 eprom.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
So what are all the board types that Ghostlop works with? Or is it best to just stick with a game that has CHA256?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
So what are all the board types that Ghostlop works with? Or is it best to just stick with a game that has CHA256?

Ghostlop is a medium sized game at 178meg I think. You don't have to use a 256 but the 256 is very easy to use. Some of the smaller boards do a byte swap which makes it more difficult to use them unless you know what you are doing.

An easy trick is to use a board that has the same size roms as the game you are making, that way you do not need to set any jumpers if you aren't comfortable with them.

For Ghostlop, the sizes should be:

C1 and C2 - 4mb each
M1 and S1 - 128kb each
V1 - 2mb
P1 - 1mb

Of course for boards that can't use 4mb roms you can always split them into 4 x 2mb roms.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Hmm, going by your advice, if one were to split the C roms in half, it could theoretically fit on a World Heroes 2 cart. How do you properly split a rom like that?

Othewise, it seems WH2 only really differs in how big it's P rom is, it's twice that of Ghostlop's.

World Heroes 2 seems to be an extremely common cart. Nobody would miss one right? Or maybe I'd use a boot with legit boards.