My first consolized MVS

malignantpoodle

Robert Garcia's Butler
Thanks to some help from Xian Xi, I got this puppy up and running.

It's not pretty and the enclosure hasn't been made yet. I just wanted to make sure I got it technically working before cleaning it up with the housing and what-not.

consolize1.jpg

I did the 5v mod and have it running on a 5v 2.8a power adapter I had laying around. I feel safer with a full 3A but seems ok for now.

The RGB encoder I'm using is a Wei Ya CV-04. I bought this a long time ago for another project. It only has svideo and composite out. It says it needs 12v but I did get it to run fine on 6v. It will NOT run on 5v so for now I'm running an extra power cord from the machine to power the encoder. I'm not trying to sell it though, it's just for me.

The picture is brilliant. The svideo looks absolutely perfect in every way on a CRT television. On the plasma screen pictured here, it looks pretty darn good but the jagged pixels really pop out. Honestly, all standard def consoles do that on this tv.

I know I know, I need component. Honestly though I'll probably just keep it on the CRT.

So anyway, that's it for now. Wasn't as complex as I thought it might be. Thanks again James for the help with this.

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Cool stuff dude! All you need is a box to go around that 2-slot to keep it safe now. Carpet is probably not a good choice for fine electronics.

mrjiggs

Kabuki Klasher
Looks good man! Good job, be sure and update when its finished with the enclosure.