MVS 2 slot + Supergun problems!! No video.

jonnyturbo

New Challenger
Hi, just got an MVS 2 slot and vogatek mark 4. Hooked everything up (scart and PC PSU 250w) put in cart, plug in and just get a white flashing on my LCD TV. Any ideas? I took out the BIOs and gave it a blow out with some compressed air and tried a few variables like no cart different scart, and still getting the same white flashing.

I have got Unibios 3 but when it arrived 2 of the legs were very loose and came of after putting it in the slot (I have since reverted to the stock bios) but when they were in I got the same flashing but with a distorted white tear up the side of the screen.

Please, has anyone got any ideas?

mjs256

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
Does the sound work? On 2-slot boards you should be able to connect headphones to the jacks by the card reader. Do you have any other display you can try? Neo Geos outputting RGB video and modern LCD TVs often don't like each other. First step is to figure out if it is just a display/supergun issue or something wrong with the MVS itself.

jonnyturbo

New Challenger
Yeah tried it and got sound which sparked hope so tried every scart in the house to varied effects, scart to svideo had a very scrambled pic and then another scart cable worked great. But my unibios 3 is still f***d. Any ideas on what to replace two chip legs with?

mjs256

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
I have some 0.999 pure flat silver wire that I use for things like replacing chip legs. It is very easy to solder, easy enough to cut with the right tools, and it is about as strong but bendable as the original leg of a DIP style pin. If the two missing pins are broken off right at the base where they come out of the chip casing then you will need to carefully cut into the casing to expose more of the original leg to have something to solder to. That's kind of a pain. Did you get the UniBIOS from Raz? Maybe he would send you a replacement and save you the trouble? If not I can send you a bit of my silver wire.

Yeah tried it and got sound which sparked hope so tried every scart in the house to varied effects, scart to svideo had a very scrambled pic and then another scart cable worked great. But my unibios 3 is still f***d. Any ideas on what to replace two chip legs with?

jonnyturbo

New Challenger
Thanks dude, but fixed it by soldering some bits of metal I got from a junk snes to replace the broken legs (luckily only the bottom half snapped off.) Unibios 3 workin on my 2 slot. Thanks for the help.

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
Is it sorted now? 250 watts for the psu maybe i bit low for a 2 slot, dont they draw more power?

jonnyturbo

New Challenger
The Vogatek seller on ebay has written that it needs a 400w ATX PSU, but that is way high. 250 is good for me and it's almost silent.
Everything is almost sorted after I get my MVS shield back from the powder coaters and put everything together. I also need a scart to scart with and audio jack so I can sound through the tv, not keen on the idea of havin seperate speakers.