Multicart Question

FrizzleFried

Mr. Big's Thug
I've had a 150-in-1 and 161-in-1 in the past with my last Neo-Geo cab that I sold about 6 months back...

I recently acquired a nice 4-slotter for a song and I'm looking at my options. I'd love to run another multigame cart EXCEPT for one thing. At least with the family that the 150-in-1/161-in-1 are in, it hijacks the memory used for high-scores and soft dips to program in a shit-ton of soft-dips from the multicart. Thats great in that the games all have their soft-dips set, but it sucks in that high scores are not saved... at all... for any of the slots.

Bummer. I want the damn thing to save high scores. There ARE a few different families of multicart out there...and I recently was sent an email about a bunch of 16 game, 18 game, 32 game and 48 game carts from ECL that appear to have a MUCH better original to hack ratios...

Does anyone know of ANY multicart family that doesn't hi-jack the motherboards memory the way the 150-in-1's family does? Again... I'm looking for a multigame cart I can run and still save high scores for the other 3 carts (plus the multi if possible... that would rock)... even if it's just a 16-in-1...

Thanks!

BTW - here are some shots of the Neo cab... $175 out the door w/3 original carts (MS5, AF2, and Bust-A-Move Again)...

NEO_JUSTHOME3.jpg
NEO_JUSTHOME1.jpg
NEO_JUSTHOME2.jpg

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
thats a nice looking red you got there, wanna sell that metal slug 5? :lolz:

FrizzleFried

Mr. Big's Thug
Not at this time... :) I'll keep you in mind though.

Fully works... the K7000 monitor will need to be rebuilt (some jailbars and a bit of a wave on the right side)... but I have a couple kits on their way. It currently has a couple of Wico 360's in it (strange eh?)... I picked up a couple of Comps to drop in instead... I've already refinished the control panel (masking off the memory slot label) and cleaned up the buttons nicely since the photo was taken. The damn EL marquees still somewhat work (very dim and 1 of the 4 just has a line that lights up)... but I'm guessing I'll be removing that setup and going with a Walmart special under the counter florescent unless someone has a better idea?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
yea ive never seen one of those EL's actually still work, ive got everything to turn a 2 slot into a 4 slot except the marquee ;)