Neo-geo AES won't start up...

Hello all,

To summarize, I've had my current Neo-Geo AES system for about 9 years. It's worked like a champ up until recently when I took it out of storage with the intent of selling it. Now when I test it, all I get is the attached screen. Any ideas?

20111223_195708.jpg

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Without a cart inserted what color screen do you get?

Thanks for the reply Xian. As far as the screen is concerned, I'm not 100% sure, but I wanna say that I don't see any difference. With or without a cart. I've tried a few carts, and it's always the same. When I shake the system, uh hear no loose parts.

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
Would connector cleaning (at the console) be too much of a "well, duh" idea?
Without a cart, you should get a solid dark blue (all tests pass) screen. Otherwise a specific system error is indicated (identified by the color).

mjs256

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
This might be a longshot, but the screen looks a lot like what you get on an MVS system when the voltage from the power supply is too low. Have you checked the AC adapter (preferably under load)?

Thanks for the info guys. It seems like I'll have to conduct more testing, because I haven't tested it since the incident. My guess is that it dropped, even though there's no rattling. I'm praying that it's an easy fix. I'll recheck and update accordingly.