KOF XIII wins gamespots BEST fighting game of the year award.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
HELL YES! that is great news!!! keep the good publicity coming!!!

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
should be best game of the year too

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
should be best game of the year too

that will prolly go to skyrim. I love to see this getting an award over some of the other major releases with big marketing behind it.

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
Someone in the mainstream media actually took notice of KOF XIII? That's pretty awesome! I honestly can't remember the last time that happened to an SNK game.

Lee Gray

I remember when samurai shodown was awarded EGM game of the year...that was a great day.

Blondin

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Definetely a great game, and a deserved success. Other competitors are clearly received more publicity, but this time quality is awarded. Good news!

Sixth

Sakura's Bank Manager
I remember when samurai shodown was awarded EGM game of the year...that was a great day.

I've still got that EGM; it was one of the last times an SNK game actually got proper credit.

I'm not sure how much influence it may have, but it's great news none-the-less.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
gamespot also gave it the 'most improved sequal' award. pretty rad.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
SNK moving up in the world! Beat out the goliaths that are U/MvC3, SSF4AE and MK9. Awesome!

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Please vote for the game here too, guys:

http://www.ign.com/wikis/best-of-2011/Best_Fighting_Game

Edit: posting a comment bumps it up to the top of the list and increases the comments-number next to it, so please comment after voting too. The game seems to be doing great on that regard too, so let's push it up a little to the top.

Last edited:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Please vote for the game here too, guys:

http://www.ign.com/wikis/best-of-2011/Best_Fighting_Game

Edit: posting a comment bumps it up to the top of the list and increases the comments-number next to it, so please comment after voting too. The game seems to be doing great on that regard too, so let's push it up a little to the top.

i love how you can vote for mvc3 and umvc3. i guess the regular vanilla version of the game is there to be sort of a ralph nader and to cost a victory to those who dont pay attention by sucking up votes someone made for something else.

https://flic.kr/p/5xYxxi

Last edited:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Mother fucker - I'm going apeshit on people in the comments section (look for Beavis).

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Fucking awesome. my copys in the mail still but I look forward to enjoying it.
Wouldn't waste my time reading comments though, just full of morons anyway.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
This made me slightly teary-eyed.
No seriously, it did. The soccer of fighting games finally getting some mainstream recognition.

Lee Gray

Imagine all those PS3 and XBOX 360 owners still out there who are missing out on the best beat em up in years just because streetfighter or tekken isnt in the name...the dummies

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
Imagine all those PS3 and XBOX 360 owners still out there who are missing out on the best beat em up in years just because streetfighter or tekken isnt in the name...the dummies

Yup but they'll all start clamoring for copies when EVO time(dick riding season) comes around and they see people like Justin Wong, Poongko and some other top Capcom players playing the game.

Lee Gray

looks like christmas...I purchased this game cheap 2 weeks ago to see the difference and it felt like a 5 percent game...not an inch of KOF feel to it but the stages are cool.

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member

Don't forget though, they gave it to the MVS version due to the AES censorship.

I think that was the only time they ever gave that award to an arcade game.