SNK SYSTEMS PRICE GUIDE

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Looks good. The site is really coming along nicely. I enjoy the versus reviews mostly. It's something different. A lot of good info there. Keep it up!

Zellez

King's Dry Cleaner
just want to know more about the history/background of the two different type of boxes. For example do you know the range of serial number? I sold a 1xx.xxx some time ago and had the blue box. Pretty sure that other 1xx.xxx have black box as well tho.

Last edited:

Blondin

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
i can hardly tell seriously the serials from this version,but one thing is sure, is that it's the latest edition of AES console (including Neo Geo CD Stick). It's likely SNK edited some of these packages next to 'normal' ones after the neo geo CD was released, and re-edited it till the end. Speaking about what i know for sure, i've seen at least two of these blue boxes with serial numbers > 300,000 (box and console matching, naturally).

Last edited:

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Nice price guide. If all of those prices are accurate, though, I feel bad for European Neo collectors. A lot of those price ranges in Euros would be similar in USD.

Zellez

King's Dry Cleaner
i can hardly tell seriously the serials from this version,but one thing is sure, is that it's the latest edition of AES console (including Neo Geo CD Stick). It's likely SNK edited some of these packages next to 'normal' ones after the neo geo CD was released, and re-edited it till the end. Speaking about what i know for sure, i've seen at least two of these blue boxes with serial numbers > 300,000 (box and console matching, naturally).

Do you have any picture of these?
Here's the one I sold some time ago. Unfortunately is not really clear, but by naked eyes the blue box was more evident

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Serial was obviously matching, and was: 116141

Last edited:

Blondin

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Yes we can see the box has a different color, i always loved this packaging. Unfortunately the video output is terrible in these later japanese systems...
By the way, what was the price you sold it? Might be useful for my price guide ^^

Zellez

King's Dry Cleaner
Yes we can see the box has a different color, i always loved this packaging. Unfortunately the video output is terrible in these later japanese systems...
By the way, what was the price you sold it? Might be useful for my price guide ^^

I sold it for 180 euro on ebay to an Australian guy. The console didn't had the manual and I didn't advertise it as blue box.
As for the video I don't really remember which boar it had on, but usually those with 1xx.xxx serial have a decent one (which is balanced). The latter 2xx.xxx have however the poor quality rgb output (thanks to the 3.6 board if I remember correctly)(anyway not a big issue considering Japanese tvs of the time)

Blondin

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
'LIKE' button from facebook have been added, thanks for sharing..... :)

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I agree with most of the pricing as they are a good average of all regions. Only one I would change is the Hyper 64, nobody pays 150 euros for a used one. I would say the average for a long time now has been about 55-75 euros and that's new, for used it's been 20-40 euros.

Blondin

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Thanks Xian, that's a system and don't know well and your information is useful. The prices you're indicating are for boxed units, right?

Last edited:

retrozk

n00b
Hi! I saw your list, but mostly, I that guess I could participate with "the little one" (as now Im focusing on the NGPC) And from the NGPC, you dont have much to opinate, except that the model "Hanshin Tigers" on its lowest cost might be 99,99€, rather 130€ (I guess you put the price in US dollars rather euros) My .02 cents! :D

Saludos desde España! :D

PS: Yet, it could be get for less... but then you enter the "opportunity window" zone! :P

Blondin

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
thanks retrozk, i'll update this. Anyway, i'm looking for an expert to provide a NeoGeo Pocket Price Guide...............

Anyone? ;)

Blondin

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Just an add to tell our english/us/others(!) readers, that 100% of reviews are now available in english too! So enjoy and check every single you want, french and english are available as you wish.As many members asked me for the FANTASTIC VERSUS SECTION to be translated, i'll proceed right from now to translate every VS in english too. Might take time, but i'll publish on homepage everytime one is made. If anyone with competences can give a hand it would be cool, i might as well give help for something too... well, just tell me... if. Merry Christmas!

mahesak

Morden's Lackey
:) Very nice guide !!!!
I don't have Neo Geo AES Jp-Green stripes (RARE++ 650-1500):eek: Very high price.
Thanks for guide, man.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Nice guide though it's always difficult to give price guides in my oppinion. There are so many factors defining prices especially for people not aware of guides.... :)

Blondin

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
:) Very nice guide !!!!
I don't have Neo Geo AES Jp-Green stripes (RARE++ 650-1500):eek: Very high price.
Thanks for guide, man.

Mahesak, i'll be honored if you post your collection on neogeokult: man, what an impressive set!

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
Hey Blondin, nice addition to the site.

All the prices seem about right, not sure if you want to add a price range in for the MVS 1-slot. The MV-1C goes for a ton more than say the MV-1B or 1F

Just to add to what Xian Xi said, I bought my Hyper 64 board last year with a couple of games for £40 delivered... all boxed.

Great work though matey. :D