Painted blue AES carts

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
I thought this was a one time deal when I bought Baseball Stars 2 for the AES someone had painted the cartridge blue. I thought that was rather dumb but I got the game for a real cheap price so I was alright with it at the time.
Today I come across another blue cartridge http://www.ebay.com/itm/Quiz-King-F...Games_Games&hash=item5199e4e214#ht_709wt_1270.
Does anyone else have carts like this? I'm wondering why anyone would even do something like this to a Neo-Geo game none the less.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Your guess is probably as good as any of ours. Only the painter knows why he/she painted the game. It's a dumb move, regardless. It looks terrible and kills the value of the game.

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
Well I bought my game from someone off of the boards here many years ago, and now that this other one has popped up I was hoping the person who did it might have been a member of NG.com

alphagamer

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Reminds me of that Rolling Stones hit - Paint it Blue... or was it black? Doesn't matter...

The motives will stay unknown, unless someone sheds some more light on this, chances are the 'artist' has an account here.

TurboCro

AESwipe,
I have a Samurai Shodown cart I bought painted the same way. I thought I was the only one.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
It's gonna be a lot of work to peel it off without harming the sticker.

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
I have a Samurai Shodown cart I bought painted the same way. I thought I was the only one.
Interesting! I wonder if the person that did this might have painted their AES blue as well.

It's gonna be a lot of work to peel it off without harming the sticker.
Actually I tried. It damaged the cart more than anything so I left it on there.

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
That's funny because that's exactly what I was thinking too.
I have a blue house with a blue window, blue is the color of often I paint my Neo-Carts.

[edit]
Great thanks a lot! Now I'm sitting here listening to Eiffel65, I used to love their music so much.

Last edited:

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
There might be a way but the only ways that I've found do the cart itself harm.