AES version 3-6 video problem

simioni

New Challenger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w6o2mC4M9M

Can anyone here help me solve this problem with my neo geo aes 3-6 pls? :)

i didnt found any traces on board ...

Do you guys think it could be the power supply (10v 1A not original) , capacitor or bios?

i just have one game to test (SS) .... :(

mjs256

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
The first thing to do is make sure you have a good connection between the AES and the game cart by cleaning the contacts. Here is a good link:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?228544-Dirty-Slot

If that does not fix it then you will need to determine whether the problem is in the game or the system. If possible try to borrow another game from a friend to test or try your game on another AES. If this is not possible then try running a controller test (turn it on while pressing A+B+C+D on controller 2 with a game inserted) and see if there are any issues. There probably won't be but if there are then you know the problem is with the AES, not the game. I doubt this would be caused by a capacitor or the BIOS. You power supply has the same specs as the original PRO-POW3 so that should not be an issue as long as it says "USE PRO-POW3 AC ADAPTOR ONLY" on the bottom.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Turn on your system without a cart and let us know what color the screen is.

simioni

New Challenger
thx for reply guys!! :)

mjs: cleaned contacts and cart, same issue and with controller test mode, same screen problem, but no restarts ...

xian: without cart, blue screen appears

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Blue means it passes the normal tests work ram, video ram, pallette ram and bios self test.

So moving on to the video problem, have you tried different games? If you have and the same problem exists then you need to open up your system and take pics of the LSPC2.

mjs256

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
If the screen is messed up even in controller test mode then the problem is almost certainly in the AES not the cart. From the video it looks like an address bus issue. However, since you got a blue screen from the self test the problem would not be on the any of the RAM address lines because they checked okay. I am really surprised the controller test screen was messed up - especially since the fixed "S" data on the game (score, power bars, etc...) appeared okay.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
If there isn't any corrosion on the LSPC2 then it's possible it's just a trace(s) that are corroded or cut to the LSPC2.

simioni

New Challenger
thx again!!

well ived looked for 3 days with flashlight, sunlight and nothing, im still looking for traces but ...

and worst than video issues is the constantly reboots after 10 min playing it

i will take the pictures and post here, thx

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
Take the cart out and see if you have a different color screen after it starts rebooting...

Could also be that your AC adapter is failing and causing the rebooting, but it would be odd that it would cause that graphic corruption.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Take the cart out and see if you have a different color screen after it starts rebooting...

Could also be that your AC adapter is failing and causing the rebooting, but it would be odd that it would cause that graphic corruption.

True, depending on the game the PSU might not be able to produce enough power.

Try using something with more amps, at least 2 amps.

simioni

New Challenger
nice Mr Channel joined :)

after it starts rebooting ... without cart, blue screen.

mjs in controller test screen just the big horizontal white line apears, text is ok.

Xian my AC adapter is 10v 1A
neo geo aes 3-6 serial 233065
maybe 11v 750mA is better?

and graphic corruption idk, i need multimeter to test the cart>chips connections as mr. channel said in another forum.

thx guys

Last edited:

fremen

Hardened Shock Trooper
Hi,

Xian my AC adapter is 10v 1A
neo geo aes 3-6 serial 233065
maybe 11v 750mA is better?
thx guys

10v x 1A= 10W
11v x 0.75A= 8.25W

So last PSU is worse than the first for your AES.

Saludos

simioni

New Challenger
im back folks, yes tested, another cart same problem ... so trace problem or some chip burned maybe? :(

you´re the one that bought this, right?

http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-211377111-neo-geo-aes-e-neo-geo-cd-_JM

I was following / waiting for a price reduction. The part where the seller says he had the system inspected and the repair was estimated in 35 bucks makes it shady.

If it was only 35, why the hell didn´t he do it? He totally would get his money back selling a working system for a higher price.

Maybe it was only 35, but required a part to be pulled from another homesystem, making it hard to source.

Last edited:

simioni

New Challenger
bingo meta ;) ...

ya i now, 35 bucks for repair was a lie, but i still have hope to fix it, with a multimeter maybe, or turn it on mvs, with a MV1C board and neo geo case isnt a bad idea ;)

thx

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
You should probably post good quality pictures of the motherboard. Use a digital camera, not your cell phone, and make sure the pictures are not blurry. If you're going to take a close up shot of anything, make sure to use the macro mode of your camera.

It really seems like the LSPC is shorting/crapped out, or a neighboring trace or component is broken or shot.