Is Fatal Fury 2/Special on PS2 known to have input lag?

Edmond Dantes

Rugal's Thug
Hey, new guy here. Recently I got into Fatal Fury (which has expanded into an interest in SNK in general) with Fatal Fury Battle Archives Volume 1.

Now, I love Fatal Fury 1, and I love Fatal Fury 3, but Fatal Fury 2 and Special bother me. The problem is the commands don't always come out right. Like when I push the two buttons together to line switch, my char will sometimes just do a normal attack instead, or when I try to do a special move he'll, again, just do a regular attack.

This does NOT happen with Fatal Fury 1 or 3, but it does happen with Street Fighter II on the Capcom collections, which are known to have input lag, so I'm wondering if maybe that's the case with FF2 as well, and if the game might play better on the Neo-Geo.

Am I right, or do I simply need a better controller (I'm using the Hori Tekken 5 stick right now)?

Thanks.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
pretty sure they don't have input lag(naturally assuming you are playing on a crt), but they do have some strict inputs compared to most games.

input lag generally wouldn't mess stuff like that up anyway, you still get the inputs in the same order, just a few frames later, so moves should come out as they are inputted but they come out late.

could be the strict inputs, could be the stick or maybe a combination, but fatal fury battle archives 1 feels identical to my neo versions on my cab to me.

Edmond Dantes

Rugal's Thug
That sounds right. Now that I've checked, Fatal Fury 1 has really strict inputs too. I guess I never noticed because you really only need the Dan'ei Ken to totally conquer that game.