What happens after you complete the Neo Geo AES Library?

8man

Administrator

1. Sell it? :eek_2:
2. Make Library cards for neo-geo.com members? :-J
3. Play the games!! :drool_2:

Yes, you PLAY the games!! But, you gotta think BIG!

:A: Design/Build the ULTIMATE Neo Geo Home Theater / Gaming Environment
:B: Design/Build an AWESOME "Metal Slug" Water Park
:C: Hmmm... next BIG project? (Permit acquired for 35' high tree house.)
Sure like those "Tree Houses" in Metal Slug!!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone !! :D

8man

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Wait for more protos to be released. The quest never ends. XD

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Well, if one had every Neo game, I would assume this person has plenty of money. What I would do is this:

1. Take some money and fund the development of an awesome new homebrew game

2. Create a mold of the orignal AES carts and snaplock cases, so that you can create a perfect homebrew cart.

3. Hype the game over the internet for a little under a year (hype too long and people lose interest.)

4. Upon completion, make exactly one perfect cartridge.

5. Keep it, and post videos of me playing it. Occasional hideous, maniacal laughter can be heard.

6. Put the game on the shelf, and post more pictures of this awesome, rare game not being played.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
This thread makes me nostalgic for the old days when tooShort would have come in here to blast you because your thread was neither news nor rumor. Thanksgiving or no Thanksgiving.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member

1. Collect all the MVS kits
2. Collect every different type of MVS cab.
3. Like GohanX said, get more Neo Geo games developed so you can collect them.
4. Collect all Neo Geo CD games.
5. Collect prototypes, dev boards, dev carts, MVS->AES converters.
6. Start hoarding all AES and MVS games- buy multiple copies of each game.

Last edited:

Dampfwalze

Armored Scrum Object,
20 Year Member
I'd invite ROT to take a bath in my complete collection. Selling the video of this event will make me fucking rich afterwards.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Complete the AES Library? Not possible, it's an ever growing library. But I agree, break some records.

N30_G30_speed

Angel's Love Slave
+1

also you might end up realizing the adrenaline for collecting was all the drive there was in there.

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Well, if one had every Neo game, I would assume this person has plenty of money. What I would do is this:

1. Take some money and fund the development of an awesome new homebrew game

2. Create a mold of the orignal AES carts and snaplock cases, so that you can create a perfect homebrew cart.

3. Hype the game over the internet for a little under a year (hype too long and people lose interest.)

4. Upon completion, make exactly one perfect cartridge.

5. Keep it, and post videos of me playing it. Occasional hideous, maniacal laughter can be heard.

6. Put the game on the shelf, and post more pictures of this awesome, rare game not being played.

With some minor changes, that's what happened with LastOddysey. LOL.

Hide

Banned
What happens after that...

When I was about 80% into completion (JP AES),

I was missing only a couple carts. Notably Slug 1, Puzzle Bobble conversion, Prehistoric Isle 2 conversion, and a mint copy of Ultimate 11.
The ultimate 11 I had was without a manual.

Then I got into MVS, and I not only started selling away some of my AES games, but also filtered the games that I no longer play.

I do miss my Slug 3 AES, Ninja Masters AES, and V Special etc. Nothing beats having the AES copies sitting on a shelf. Sure you can tell me about MVS and their shockboxes and how beautiful they can be. You can even slap some gold or swarovski crystals or what have yous, but it just ain't 'official'.

Yes I'm that kind of guy, especially when it coms to my Neo-Geo.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
That's easy. Own everything. Make your own Neo website. Get sucked into WoW and never reply on your forums again.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Once you have the complete neo collection, you post pictures of yourself, and maybe your significant other, running marathons, hanging out in Vegas with strippers and shaking hands with famous MMA fighters.

OBVIOUSLY.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Invite the whole forum over for a big party!

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
Complete the AES Library? Not possible, it's an ever growing library. But I agree, break some records.

Says Xian Xi says.. it will never happen.

Once the JP set is done, move on to the US.. then onto the Euro.
You then have to own every revision on Home Console.

Then get all MVS kits with all the differing and varying boards and revisions. Would you ever find every 1-slot revision...?

Then on to Pocket, Hyper and Homebrew... the quest never ends. Give up now.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
invite me over for some kizuna encounter? i always wanted to play a 'grail' game as it was meant to be played.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
a lot of 10 year members here

but my suggestio is to try to get an official development kit

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
You pass through the ninth gate and stand on equal ground with FTL and the Pope.

Wolf

Collectasaurus,
20 Year Member
Start on MVS kits. It's about a million times harder and I don't stress out about playing them. I don't think I'll ever have every English MVS kit. Plus the Japanese kits seem to be even more rare, but that could very well be a geographical thing.

SSS

neo retired
invite me over for some kizuna encounter? i always wanted to play a 'grail' game as it was meant to be played.

8man's kizuna / ultimate 11 aren't as nice as Wolf's. Must keep him awake at night.

Sixth

Sakura's Bank Manager
Has anyone on this forum ever actually completed the AES library, as it exists at this moment? I can’t imagine the funds it would take to actually pull it off.

If anyone did manage it, I suppose the next logical step would be establishing your defenses against jealous collectors driven mad by your recent acquisition. Mounted turrets in the perimeter of the NG holding facility would be a nice start; heaven knows they shouldn’t have any issues affording them.