Where Can I Buy a New MVS JAMMA harness?

NeoEsZ

Camel Slug,
20 Year Member
Subject line. The wire harness in my old cab is in really bad shape. Crimped wires, real messy and dirty. I'd like to buy a brand new one and re-wire everything.

I have a Neo Geo Candy Cab, 25" monitor with working memory card slots and headphone jacks. Any help at all would be appreciated.

NeoEsZ

Camel Slug,
20 Year Member
Every single search I type in is coming up with 0 results. Are there any vendors to speak of?

NeoTheranthrope

Basara's Blade Keeper
$10, nice.

http://www.jammaboards.com/store/jamma-full-cabinet-wiring-harness-loom/prod_146.html

Bought loads of stuff from JammaBoards... a great company.

I very strongly advise AGAINST getting that one.
At EVO World this year I tried to help a guy who having problems who had that very harness in his supergun rig. I has a BITCH of a time troubleshooting it because the contacts kept poping out the front and/or randomly losing contact with the board due to the cheap design.

It's better to spend a few bucks more on a considerably better quality JAMMA harness from Suzo-Happs:

http://na.suzohapp.com/powersupplies/80510000.htm

Or better yet, spend a few bucks more and get the "Super" JAMMA harness and save yourself a few hours of hand-wrecking quick-disconnect crimping.

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
I very strongly advise AGAINST getting that one.
At EVO World this year I tried to help a guy who having problems who had that very harness in his supergun rig. I has a BITCH of a time troubleshooting it because the contacts kept poping out the front and/or randomly losing contact with the board due to the cheap design.

It's better to spend a few bucks more on a considerably better quality JAMMA harness from Suzo-Happs:

http://na.suzohapp.com/powersupplies/80510000.htm

Or better yet, spend a few bucks more and get the "Super" JAMMA harness and save yourself a few hours of hand-wrecking quick-disconnect crimping.

I have had a few over the years form JammBoards and never had a probelm. But if have then maybe it was a one off.
For the price difference though, you might as well go withte Suzo Happ ones as I don't doubt the build quality is better.

To be honest though, I have only usede in cabs where I don't change the games very often, for a supergun they might not be the best option.

NeoEsZ

Camel Slug,
20 Year Member
Yeah guys, I received the harness in the mail. It's not...the Neo Geo harness. The current harness in my cab has all kinds of different connectors for headphones, memory cards, LED display, etc. This JAMMA harness is really for a standard arcade cab, it's not a specialized harness for a Neo Geo candy cab...can anyone suggest a site where I can buy a fully loaded wire harness that has everything I need?

Am I confused? Does this not exist? Will I have to buy more parts build a proper wire harness myself?

Last edited:

NeoTheranthrope

Basara's Blade Keeper
Yeah guys, I received the harness in the mail. It's not...the Neo Geo harness. The current harness in my cab has all kinds of different connectors for headphones, memory cards, LED display, etc. This JAMMA harness is really for a standard arcade cab, it's not a specialized harness for a Neo Geo candy cab...can anyone suggest a site where I can buy a fully loaded wire harness that has everything I need?

Am I confused? Does this not exist? Will I have to buy more parts build a proper wire harness myself?
It's all there. The thing is... the Neo is mostly JAMMA-compatible (it's gets weirder for Irritating Maze dedicated Neos), in the sense that everything is there on the loom, but the GAME SELECT UP, GAME SELECT DOWN, 1P D, and 2P D buttons are part of the service and coin-door section of the loom, rather than than the regular joystick and button section.

So GAME SELECT UP, GAME SELECT DOWN, 1P D, and 2P D all have to be sorted, connected, and grounded on a NEO, but normally, they would be something you would just ignore (by nipping and/or coiling) on other JAMMA-compatible cabs. A minor, but irritating, fact of life for MVS owners.

Also, if you're talking talking headphone jacks and memory cards, they shouldn't have anything to do with the JAMMA harness. The should have their own connectors, the headphone jack(s) on the front go to headphone jack(s) on the MB, and the card-read goes through bus which plugs into the reader on the MB (if present), as these features aren't supported by JAMMA and wouldn't be part of the loom.