Sega Saturn issues

Ninjatemper

King's Dry Cleaner
As of last night - I'm having strange issues with my Saturn. Once I'm in game, my controller randomly inputs button commands itself and the directional pad is very jumpy. It acts like this for 5 to 10 seconds then it goes dead and no input occurs. During this 5 to 10 seconds I am able to input my own commands even while the console is randomly inputting it's own.

Also, if I boot the console without a game, the controller works fine with no issue.

I started up a 2 player bout of SF Zero 2 and anything I pressed on player 1's controller was also input at the same time on player 2's. Anything I press on player 2's controller was sometimes mimicked by player 1 and sometimes not.

After testing with multiple controllers, it's clear it's an issue with the console, not the controllers themselves.

As of this morning, the console will not load any games, though the system screen still loads fine.

Anyone have this sort of problem? I think it's screwed and it might be time to find a new Saturn :oh_no:

El Capitan

Mai's Apprentice
Saturns are dirt cheap - probably easiest to buy a new one and not worry about it.

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
Some motherboard revisions (specifically the latest versions) have the mainboard and controls PCB separated with a ribbon cable. Check for a ribbon cable, and if there is one, i'd try re-seating it.