AES censorship clarification?

cr4zymanz0r

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I know if the region on an AES is set to US that there's censorship but there's some details I'm not clear on. I have a JPN AES and I wanted English text but I knew about the censorship. I was (apparently wrongly) told that if you set the region to EUR that there would be no censorship. After that I got a unibios and installed it, but I noticed that in KoF '94 that Mai wasn't quite herself (:multi_co::multi_co:) even with it set to EUR region. I googled around a little more and someone said that with the region set to EUR that there would be less censorship, but still some. Is there really any censorship difference between having it set to US or EUR (and if so I'd appreciate some examples)?

I know if I set the AES to arcade mode that the censorship is gone, but then I don't have some options such as difficulty settings. If I leave it in console mode but JPN region then I'm at the mercy of if the specific game has a language option for me to have English. Is there any kind of universal solution to play in console mode with English and no censorship for (nearly) every game, or am I just stuck with arcade mode?

arcwyvern

King's Dry Cleaner
I usually play in US aes mode and use the cheat database to enable red blood and bouncy. You can do this in most cases. Sometimes, (ms3) you have to play on mvs mode for red blood but you use soft dip settings with the unibios to change difficulty, credits, etc.

cr4zymanz0r

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I tried looking at the cheat database in unibios and Samurai Shodown 2 had a cheat to enable red blood, but King of Fighters '94 did not. It didn't have a bouncy cheat either.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Can't you change the region settings for that game before it starts up? Keep pressing A+B+C+D during power on or something like that?

Edit: For KoF 94: Press A+B+C at startup, set it to arcade mode USA or EUR and access the dipswitch settings to change the difficulty, looks like its the only way for now.

Last edited:

NEO-GEO man

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Us
Ill have to check this out i spose, i didnt think the blood was gone on KOF94 myself, i play on Euro and Japan, and didnt notice any difference.... But then i do play for gameplay and not bouncing jugs....