NEO-MVH MV1AX battery replacement with a CR2032

IronGiant

Armored Scrum Object
Just PM'd Xian Xi about this, but in case he's not around thought I'd post this here too.

I want to check that I'm doing this right in the absence of any specific instructions for the particular 1 slot revision that I have. It's a NEO-MVH MV1AX

I want to replace the rechargeable battery with a holder and a CR2032 (ie non rechargeable).

Here's a pic of the battery area on the solder side of the board:

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g319/Dalek99999/PA140334.jpg

Which parts should I remove so that the board WON'T try to recharge the battery, and so that a replacement CR2032 battery WILL retain the usual battery-backed data?

Many thanks

Addendum: Many thanks to Xian Xi - the components to remove are D1, D2 and R10

Last edited:

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I need to do this mod to my 4-slot board here soon, so I'm interested, as well. By the way, the link to the picture is broken.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Just as a warning, I did this mod to my MV-1AX board and it sucks the juice out of coin cells in no time flat. Give it maybe half an hour of being off and the battery will already be empty. I think there needs to be a component added to limit the amount of juice sucked out of the battery... Either that or the MVS needs a far bigger battery in order to retain save data.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Just as a warning, I did this mod to my MV-1AX board and it sucks the juice out of coin cells in no time flat. Give it maybe half an hour of being off and the battery will already be empty. I think there needs to be a component added to limit the amount of juice sucked out of the battery... Either that or the MVS needs a far bigger battery in order to retain save data.

Then you did it wrong, especially if the battery gets sucked that fast.

I don't have an MV1AX in front of me but I would think it's D1, D2 and R10.

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
I need to do this mod to my 4-slot board here soon, so I'm interested, as well. By the way, the link to the picture is broken.

4 slot is just a matter of yanking the 470 ohm resistor that sits next the battery off the board and installing the coin cell holder in place of the battery.

IronGiant

Armored Scrum Object
Then you did it wrong, especially if the battery gets sucked that fast.

I don't have an MV1AX in front of me but I would think it's D1, D2 and R10.

And it was - working just fine after 12 hours with no power, all settings intact, battery fine. Many thanks. :D