MVS 4 slot stereo sound?

nate

n00b
Hey everyone,

When I go to the hardware test menu and play with the Right, Left, Center sound generator, I can hear that the sound is a little bit more to the left or right. However, there is always some sound coming out of the opposite speaker as well (this is a big red cabinet with 4-slot). It doesn't sound like the stereo separation is very good. Is this normal?

FWIW, the headphone jack produces the same effect.

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
A bit of difference is fine... a lot of difference is not. When it gets worse or the overall volume sucks when first turned on vs after it has warmed up then recap the audio section.

RJ

nate

n00b
Sorry channelmaniac, I don't quite follow your reply :) Maybe I didn't explain my question very well. When I generate the tone from the Right speaker using the hardware test menu I can still hear sound coming from the left speaker (although it is quieter than the sound from the right hand speaker). My question is: is this normal? I always thought with a true stereo system that the sound would ONLY come from the right speaker if I generate the right tone, or only from the left speaker with the left tone option. When I choose center, the sound should come equally from the left and right (which it does).