RCA Dimensia Television Questions

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Anyone here have one?

Any infos above & beyond the Wikipedia article would be appreciated.

The 21 PIN socket on the rear panel; any idea if it is JPN or EURO Spec (for models sold in the US)?

Thanks in advance!

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Bump. No one? Really? I know that some of the most tech savvy people around post here.

C'mon, c'mon!

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
Most likely EURO scart since RGB-21 for Japan wasn't standard until the 90s.

NEO-GEO man

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Us
It is most certainly a SCART connector. It wont be the Japan RGB connector.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
It is most certainly a SCART connector. It wont be the Japan RGB connector.

You have one that was sold in the US?

W/ the whole 50/60 Hz thing going on, it seemed more plausible to me that set sold in the US (60Hz) would have the JPN spec (also 60Hz) socket.

I'm really hoping for input from someone who has a US rev of this TV...maybe the socket isn't even functional on the US set, as 21 PIN leads of either persuasion weren't released in the US...

NEO-GEO man

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Us
The frequency doesnt mean shit. This is a multi format TV. I live in Australia, so no, i have not got a US spec one. I used to own a Panasonic GAOO that did both 50 and 60 Hz, and now own an NEC and a Sony ( both CRT video projection systems ) that will do any scan rate you throw at them up to 160 Hz.

You can rest assured that what i have told you is correct, and test it for yourself if you like. If it doesnt work we will know i was wrong, and youll be no worse off at all. But dont hold your breath, cause i wouldnt be so sure if i didnt know abit about TVs.

RCA was sold in Europe as Thomson, and that is why your set is sporting a SCART socket. They were not marketed in Japan, cause they would never compete with the likes of higher quality Japanese made sets like those from Panasonic, Sony, Mitsubishi, Hitachi, Toshiba, JVC, NEC, etc...

So you dont need input from someone that owns the US set, cause i would almost bet that the only difference is the power supply and the emblem on the front of the set, and even the power supply might be 100-240 volt capable. RCA/Thomson is not a brand that was known for quality without compromise, so it is very fitting that they made the same set for multiple countries. Nothing wrong with them, but they are only really one step above generic.

Last edited: