Remaining XIII DLC characters revealed?

You might not be happy:

wpid-kofx.jpg

saner

Krauser's Henchman
Wait I thought Billy and Saiki were on disk? Oh well. I heard each character comes with a stage, so the DLC looks good when you think about it. At least EX Kyo for Esaka 96 stage and Mr Karate for Dojo stage, and Saiki for that TFTP stage.

wonder if they will support more characters DLC after release. Maybe add Botan and some others.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
It makes no fucking sense at all to have Mr. Karate as DLC when you can essentially play as Takuma with his alternate mask/costume on. Unless of course he's got a bunch of different moves and plays differently.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
It makes no fucking sense at all to have Mr. Karate as DLC when you can essentially play as Takuma with his alternate mask/costume on. Unless of course he's got a bunch of different moves and plays differently.

Yeah dude, I hope his moves are SVC caliber bad-assery.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member

NO. This is typical SNKP. Now they can cut more corners and not have to redraw the sprite.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Takuma = Mr. Karate

I'm sure he'll be vicious compared to regular Tak.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I thought they were console exclusive, not DLC...

Officially, Billy and Saiki will be included in the game, and EX Iori will be DLC. Plus there will be 2 more unannounced DLC characters. The leaked artwork above suggests they are going to be EX Kyo and Mr. Karate. No official confirmation on this regard yet, but it seems to be the case.

And they kept the possibility of having more future DLC open.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Whatever happened to that leaked Soiree art? I thought he was going to be in the game as well.

saner

Krauser's Henchman
what leaked Soree art? Maximum Impact characters would be the last characters they would consider adding since that whole side series was a flop compared to the main KOF series. And Falcoon left.

I wouldn't count EX Kyo and Takuma as the last DLC characters. There's no proof from SNKP what their full DLC plans are. And there could still be 1 or more characters hidden on disk they haven't mentioned yet.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Wait what are you talking about? Nah MI series was very successful for SNK. Particularly in the West.

Other then that though yeah I thought it was a pretty random rumor and most likely bogus but the artwork did look pretty official. Saw it on Neogaf and SRK a few weeks ago and nobody deconfirmed it that I know of.

saner

Krauser's Henchman
That console exclusive thing was a mistranslation. There will be no console exclusive characters.

I think they mean by console exclusive is characters not available on arcade version.

Yea it's true console specific characters rumor was confirmed a mistake by a magazine. but there are still characters exclusive to both console versions compared to arcade. :)

Fett

Camel Slug
I think they mean by console exclusive is characters not available on arcade version.

Yea it's true console specific characters rumor was confirmed a mistake by a magazine. but there are still characters exclusive to both console versions compared to arcade. :)

Right, that's what I meant. Characters exclusive to consoles vs. arcade, and I'm not a fan of the "Capcom style" pay DLC characters, especially if they're just re-skins of characters already in the game.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Right, that's what I meant. Characters exclusive to consoles vs. arcade, and I'm not a fan of the "Capcom style" pay DLC characters, especially if they're just re-skins of characters already in the game.
Yeah, me either. The good news then is that we don't have to buy them. I won't, and I'm sure I won't miss them. Except Billy, but my understanding is that he is included with the regular game automatically, not DLC.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Yeah, me either. The good news then is that we don't have to buy them. I won't, and I'm sure I won't miss them. Except Billy, but my understanding is that he is included with the regular game automatically, not DLC.

So who besides Billy and Saiki come standard on the Disc? As that all we're getting?

saner

Krauser's Henchman
So who besides Billy and Saiki come standard on the Disc? As that all we're getting?

theories are coming up Boss/demon Saiki and Dark Ash will be unlockable.

But there are also good theories that Botan and a combination of Shroom with Rimelo will be at least bosses that are unlockable too.
The main hint being the new story mode, that has Heidern perspective and Adelheid perspective story paths.

It's almost confirmed human Saiki is the boss of Ash's story path. That leaves two potential new bosses being added that haven't been revealed yet (since even revealing them know would count as story spoilers, it would make sense if SNKP is holding them as surprises.)

The other reasons for Botan and Shroom+Rimelo's chances comes from their unfinished business between them and Adelheid and Heidern (Botan has been controlling Rose, and Shroom and Rimelo blew up one of Heidern's ships in KOFXI and took his eyepatch.)
That also brings up the theory Heidern and Adelheid will be added, but some think they will just be in the cutscenes, but that doesn't knock the possibility that Botan and Shroom+Rimelo will be playable bosses (also further hinted by their achievement icons and further hints in this story, with cutscene of Shroom and Rimelo attacking Kyo in the intro. A new cutscene involving Shroom in a library, new scenes for Botan, etc.)

It would be anticlimactic if Story mode just recycles demon Saiki/Dark Ash for bosses of the other 2 branching story paths (3 main story paths are confirmed. Ash's perspective, Heidern's perspective and Adelheid's perspective. The producer also hinted there are 3 more important characters in story mode that are unconfirmed yet. That leads more people to believe those 3 are Saiki (Ash path), Shroom and Rimelo (Heidern path) and Botan (Adelheid path).

These theories fit, all that remains if the validation and confirmation. Some say they would need more time to add more sprites, but 17 months since the arcade release is enough time to complete brand new sprites for at least two 100% new bosses (that would of course become playable like every KOF boss in the series one way or another are playable.)

saner

Krauser's Henchman
People can bring up the "time it takes to complete sprites" argument, but there is a wider gap between arcade and console release than it was between KOFXII and KOFXIII, and bosses are even more possible with the way Story is being structured.

I don't think the Story branches are just going to simply lead to Saiki/Ash boss battles.
also there are 3 yet to be confirmed perspectives they have yet to reveal about Story mode.

each branch will of course lead to a boss fight, Ash's path would naturally lead to Human Saiki boss fight.
the Heidern and Adelheid paths, while they are currently cutscene characters, could still lead to actual boss fights with new bosses. Shroom/Rimelo would make sense for Heidern path. It matches their connection in KOFXI, there is also that achievement icon to hint that further.
Same in Botan's case for Adelheid.

And if they are new bosses, that also brings in more possible playable bosses (which of course, won't be used in serious competition, but there are fans that enjoy using bosses from time to time, so they still count.)

Even though True Saiki and Dark Ash are arcade bosses, that could bring in 2 more playable bosses, so if you could human Saiki, Billy, DLC Iori, DLC Kyo and DLC Mr. Karate, that results in 9 1/2 new playable fighters total not available in arcade version. (I say 9 1/2 because based on the Shroom/Rimelo sprite icon, they seem like they are designed to fight as a pair.) If you wanna get technical, that still would bring 4 1/2 brand new characters (Saiki counts since they are a separate being from Ash.)

People only know about 50% of what story mode offers, so I think when people play and fully expose Story mode's secrets, that could be the key of confirming whether or not Botan and Shroom/Rimelo are bosses, and also unlockable playables. :)

Last edited:

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Fuck the story.
Just give us Geese Howard.
In hd...holy fuck