4 slot board problems

Gonemad

n00b
I have this posted in another forum but I also thought I would also put in the NEO forums. I have been having some probs with my 4slot pcb. It would only boot to the green screen. I have twice replaced the crystal only to have it work great for a day each time and then go back to the green screen/calendar error. I have taken Channelmaniac's advice and checked the D4990 chip and I am getting the 5V between pin 7 and 14. Is there anything else I should be checking in that area? Thanks

Doug

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Did you remove the battery from the board and running it with no battery?

Gonemad

n00b
Yes, it has been removed until I get a replacement. Will this make a difference?

Last edited:

Gonemad

n00b
Well. I took the board today and made sure it was good and clean. I give it another cleaning with some water and baking soda to make sure there was no acid residue left. I checked all the traces around the battery area and then re flowed all of the components in that area. I put all the dips to ON and turned it on to the work ram test. It sat on that for about one hour, I powered off, reset the switches, powered back on and booted right into Aero Fighters. Could it have just been a bad joint somewhere?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Probably just a connection issue between the boards.