setting the jumpers on a neo turf masters conversion

420neogeo

Marked Wolf
Ive just finished de soldering the chips and now im cleaning the board up. soon it will be time re solder the mvs chips onto the samurai spirits 2 boards. how do I set the jumpers? im aware that to many of you on here this question may be obvious...lol

NEO-GEO man

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Us
On the Prog board there is no changes. There is a few to do on the CHA 256 board, so what you need to do is look at the 256 board you took the jumpers from, write down what jumpers are on and what are off, then go through and change them on the new board so they are all the same as with the original board.

They are easy to see, they will have "J" then a number, and if they are on, there is a black link in there.

If you get really stuck, ill tell you which ones should be on and which should not, but i think you should try to figure it out for yourself to start with.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Learn which pins on the roms are the chip enable, usually the jumper that is needed goes to that pin.

420neogeo

Marked Wolf
I understand which ones I need to set thanks to tiptonium's website. I just don't really understand how to set them. some of them are unabridged while others are bridged with a black and silver piece. does the bridging piece pop or slide off? do I have to de solder it some how? like basically what I'm asking is how do I get it off? I dont want to break it

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The jumpers have solder on both sides. You can try heating it from the middle. I usually use a desoldering tweezers or two irons if both my soldering and desoldering irons are on.

You can also jump the connection with solder if you have no jumpers.

420neogeo

Marked Wolf
thanks so much Xian Xi. I really appreciate your help. I'll post a few pics of my project thus far. I feel like im going to fuck this up but it has been a lot of fun so far

NEO-GEO man

You did all those chips and youre asking about the easiest part of the job?? It says how to do it on the tiptonium website im sure!!

You wont fuck it up, its not hard at all. Heat it up and the solder melts, its easy as that!!

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Actually I broke a jumper the first time I removed one, but I can't remember what I did wrong. They're actually not hard to do if you just heat them carefully.

NEO-GEO man

I rarely ever reuse them, i will usually use a piece of single strand wire instead. Ive never broken one though, i could reuse them, i just dont bother.