AES video Issue

Annatar

Kabuki Klasher
Iam having a very wierd video issue with my NEO GEO AES that started from one day to another. The image is full of dots and look like total crap.

I sent the unit to a very respected console technician here in my country, but he wasnt able to do anything.

Hope some of you guys con help me , and if some of you know how to fix it, i can send the unit to you and arrange payment for the job.

I have some pictures that clearly show the problem of the dots on the following link

http://www.flickr.com/photos/66947639@N07/?saved=1

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Upload the pics to any free hosting site and give us the link. You could even upload a video to youtube.

Annatar

Kabuki Klasher
Xian Xi, i just put a link where you can find some pictures, there you can clearly see the dots all over the image.

If any one there can help me with this would be freackin awesome. Because of this problem i havent played with my NEO for months

thanks to all:buttrock:

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
What board version is your Neo? Look in the cart slot to the right and you will see a 3-x number if its a newer version. If it doesn't say anything and your board is a dark green then you have a 1st Gen, if its dark green and to the right you see a daughter board then its a 1st revision.

Annatar

Kabuki Klasher
http://www.flickr.com/photos/66947639@N07/6167732919/
What board version is your Neo? Look in the cart slot to the right and you will see a 3-x number if its a newer version. If it doesn't say anything and your board is a dark green then you have a 1st Gen, if its dark green and to the right you see a daughter board then its a 1st revision.

Xian Xi.there is clearly a dark green board, there is no serial number and i cant see a daughterboard. here is some pictures i just took. http://www.flickr.com/photos/66947639@N07/6167732919/http://www.flickr.com/photos/66947639@N07/6167735041/

Last edited:

NEO-GEO man

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Us
He means are you using s-video or composite video as your output signal to the TV when you took the picture.

Try using the standard cable from the Multi out.

That AES is a version 1, and not a 3-X revision.

Annatar

Kabuki Klasher
I used all of them, and the picture looks the same as the pictures above. no difference between s-video, composite or the standart cable the dots are all over the place.

Any ideas anyone??

NEO-GEO man

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Us
Yeah i didnt think it was to do with the cable. Check the board for signs of corrosion.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Open it up and snap some pics of the top and bottom.

furrtek

Super Sidekicks 2
Having the same issue with a MV4 (which also has the PRO-B0/PRO-C0/LSPC-A0 chipset), it seems like a bus problem between the chips as that black dotted grid stays stationary.

34ruhsl.jpg

It isn't a fix problem too since only the fix displays correctly (One pixel out of 4 is black when palette is >$0F ?):
2629tht.jpg

All slots do the same thing, no apparent damage to the board, reflowed all the smt chips and still have the same problem.

Last edited:
I have just encountered the same issue on a 3-5 AES, traces between LSPC2 and NEO-B1 had corrosion and one was severed. Patched to fix. Also patched a corroded trace on the L0 ROM.

It seems really common on this model AES from my experience, or maybe it's just coincidence. I get the feeling it's a factory blunder, maybe some rogue flux (there was a bunch splattered all over the board) or poorly mixed cleaning agent, though I suppose no one ever expected them to still be in use 20 or so years later so things like this were ignored in QC.