Neo CD reading issue

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
I am sure this is absimple one, but never done it before and a search/google through up nothing useful.

Bought a bunch of stuff which included a Neo CD Front Loader. The seller insists it worked fine before and I have no reason to disbelieve him.

Anyway, it doesn't read CDs. It spins up for a couple of seconds and then spins down. If I hold the unit upside down it gets a track list but am still unable to play anything.

So I assume the laser itself is ok.

I will get some lubricating grease and go over the rails but could it be an alignment issue...?

How would I go about trouble shooting that.

Cheers for any help someone can give.

NEO-GEO man

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Us
How clean is it inside? More so around the trim pot that controls the laser? It may just need abit of a tweek.

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
How clean is it inside? More so around the trim pot that controls the laser? It may just need abit of a tweek.

Everything is really clean inside.
I assume by 'trim pot' you mean the blue pot on the side of the small board? What does that actually control?

shadows

Mature's Make-up Artist
The strength of the laser.
If you want to give that a try, mark where it is set at currently.
Make very small adjustments and test.

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
The strength of the laser.
If you want to give that a try, mark where it is set at currently.
Make very small adjustments and test.

I would remark VERY small adjustments. On the gamecube, a big change can burn the lens.

NEO-GEO man

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Us
I dont know what colour it is, but there will likely only be one on or near the laser assembly.

And as the others said, VERY small adjustments, and id try anti-clockwise first.

Ive managed to get a hell of alot of Playstations going with this ( although its always a gamble as to which way it needs to be turned, hence marking it prior to moving. )