Neo CD and CDZ power supply

Hikaru Ichijyo

Thundercock,
So I just get Puzzle Bobble in the mail today (thanks Bar81!). It's been a while since I played the original game and am fired up so I go to dig out my CDZ so I can play it. I get it out and realize I have everything in the box except the AC adapter. I searched around my room in other boxes but can't find it. Methinks it got left behind at my friend's house who lives up in Michigan when I went to visit him a few months ago (or it may have gotten left at the hotel when I went to Ohayocon at the beginning of the year).

At any rate, I may be ass out on the AC adapter if I e-mail my friend and he doesn't have it. I checked the Neo store and noticed Shawn has a Neo CD power supply for sale. I'm curious to know if the Neo CD and CDZ used the same power cord or not.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
The PSU's have different plugs on them. The regular CD's is a bit smaller and has a different shape then the CDZ. They have the same voltage and pin-outs, but I believe the watts are different.

The CDZ requires 20W and the normal CD requires 29W. Using the Volts alone it should work, but you could run the risk of frying something sometime with the higher wattage. Maybe someone with more knowledge on the risks of using a higher watt PSU can help, as I really dont know.

[ September 05, 2002: Message edited by: NeoTurfMasta ]</p>

Hikaru Ichijyo

Thundercock,
I checked with a friend of mine who's a former electrician and he said the CDZ would run hot and I'd eventually run the risk of burning the unit out all together if I left it on for any extended period of time.

Soooooooooooooo...I need to find that GD adapter. If not I may need to scope out and pick up another CD unit (ugh) and use the one I got now as a backup unit (since them CDZs are more delicate n all :D ).

Thanks for the help chief. Anyone got a CDZ power supply for sale ;) ?