SNK vs Capcom VS mode

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
According to the manual distributed with the game, using hard dip 2 on SVC activates "VS mode." I had hoped this would allow character switching between matches, which would have been wonderful. The activation of hard dip 2, however, appears to have no effect whatsoever.

Does anyone know if there were any previous MVS games with the "VS mode" feature in the manual, and if so how it was used? I was not able to turn up anything via the Search function.

Talen

Leona's Therapis,
Heh, I read the topic and got excited thinking that it may have had a mode similar to the "tournament" setting on some cps games, but I guess that's what you assumed too. frown

Jet Black

n00b
Is in the Soft Dip menu, the opition 1Credit(Coin)Versus? If it's so you should try turn it on.

<small>[ August 12, 2003, 11:40 AM: Message edited by: Jet Black ]</small>

thegreathopper

NAM-75 Vet
20 Year Member
vs mode is so you can play a 1 player game on the 2 player side,this only works with an american bios chip on the mvs board.on a euro or jap bios if you press start on the 2 player side it starts a 2 player game...

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
thegreathopper:
vs mode is so you can play a 1 player game on the 2 player side
Confirmed. While it wasn't what I hoped it was, I'm glad that works as well. Starting a 2P game and getting both players was annoying.