Monitor stretching help please!

crujones4life

Loyal Neo-Disciple
I have a star wars racer arcade. When 1st turned on picture is crisp and good. Immediately the picture begins to stretch in all directions. I lose a couple of inches in all directions after several minutes. The picture is still crisp in the center but blurs around all of the edges. Any ideas as to what may be causing this and how I would go about fixing it? Thanks!

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
Is it the projection TV version or CRT version?

NEO-GEO man

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Us
As far as i know, the projection TV on this game is still a CRT type.

What i need to know is what chassis it has, as in who makes the display system for this machine, and then i will know if i can help you or not.

Do the colours go all out of alignment when this occurs?

NEO-GEO man

Ok, it is indeed a CRT regardless of being rear pro or dirrect view. I may be able to help you.

crujones4life

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Awesome thanks for looking in to it for me. Let me know what you come up with. Thanks!

crujones4life

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Also, it is a crt maybe 27 or 29 inch? The model I have is one-half of the 2 player version of the game if that matters...

NEO-GEO man

Nanao monitor chassis? I have never had good luck fixing one of those in a Daytona machine if its the same chassis, ive only tried twice and got nowhere both times, cause i dont have any info on them.

If it was the 50 inch rear pro model youd be laughin, i can almost always fix those!!

Id start by checking all the electrolytic capacitors on the board, and any regulators and transistors, and see that there is nothing else looking abit dark that would indicate it has had a long life of heat stress.

If you remove the board, DO NOT TOUCH THE ANODE ON THE BACK OF THE CRT, cause itll hurt. It will be likely to hold a charge for days, even after you disconnect it. Be sure not to move any of the magnetic rings on the CRT neck, these control the astigmatism of the tube, and its pretty hard to set that without knowing what youre doing.

NEO-GEO man

It might, you may need to clean all the trim pots with contact cleaner too, just dont move them unless you know exactly what they do.