aes sound help.

bcfczulu

Over Top Auto Mechanic
hi guy's, i switched my aes on today for the first time in a few week's. and i've got a bit of a sound issue.

the sound is verry quiet;i have to turn the volume on the tv right up to hear anything.:(

anyone know what the problem could be.

thanks.

bcfczulu

Over Top Auto Mechanic
yeh from the av socket, the headphone port is working fine.

ive tried changing the av lead to a rgb scart lead but it's still the same.:(

NEO-GEO man

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Us
Get a cable to go from the headphone jack in stereo to the TV or to an amp, forget the crap from the A/V multi out.

bcfczulu

Over Top Auto Mechanic
i'm already doing that mate; but i'd still like it to work as it should.

so if anyone can help i'd really appreciate it.

NEO-GEO man

Have you opened it up? Its pretty clearly labeled, far right on the board as you look from the front.

NEO-GEO man

Do you see a 10uf cap near the A/V multi out? Is it rooted?

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/4535/36mono.jpg

Mono is highlighted in red. It's formed where the three 1K resistors C, D and G meet together. Then it goes through an op-amp in the 4741, then through the CXA1145 and finally to the A/V port. Considering the 4741 and the CXA1145 are extremely unlikely to be at fault, the culprit must be (one of) the 10uF electrolytic capacitors, in particular the two in series with the mono signal. Replace them (and while you're at it replace also the one marked 10) and the problem should be fixed.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Long live to MKL

Hi MKL,

have you ever considerd to change your sig from " I hope I die before my CRT craps out" to "I hope my CRT craps out after I'm dead"?

Considering a CRT lifespan is significantly shorter than the one of an average human being, and the help to the community you are delivering, I honestly vote for the latter.

NEO-GEO man

Says who? Ive seen many CRTs that are still going since the dawn of TV!! Who knows when they will die, but they are not dead til you cant revive them.

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
Next wednesday I'm officially a middle aged man so what do I have ahead of me...a few decades at best. I wouldn't be surprised if my monitors, TVs and other hardware outlived me.