Mv1b battery mod tutorial needed please

mr aize

Dodgeball Yakuza
Just picked up an mv1b board an i'd like to swap the battery out. Had a look on jamma nation but couldn't find one. Also gonna put in unibios which looks like bein a bit of a chore but fairly obvious, however if anyone's feelin helpful i'd appreciate a linky for the right sized socket, save me takin my other board appart and counting the legs. Thanks all.:)

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Purchase a NEO BIOSMASTA from NEO TURFMASTA.That will take care of you uni-bios chore

mr aize

Dodgeball Yakuza
Thanks mate, will definitely get in touch, had no idea it'd be quite such an arse, what i thought was the bios, ain't! Just read that the 1b only works with irritating maze? This is not the case though as i've just been playing metal slug on it with no problems...

mr aize

Dodgeball Yakuza
Ah, legend, nice one.
Another thing i've just noticed.. This board needs a different coin battery holder than my mv1fz. It has 2 positive terminations. I assume both have to be connected? Don't spose you know what kind of holder i'd need?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Ah, legend, nice one.
Another thing i've just noticed.. This board needs a different coin battery holder than my mv1fz. It has 2 positive terminations. I assume both have to be connected? Don't spose you know what kind of holder i'd need?

Probably the same as the one in the 1C battery tutorial.

mr aize

Dodgeball Yakuza
Cool, thanks again mate, that looks like the same one alright. Bit annoying of old snk to use a weird shaped battery that no ordinary holder will fit. Modding this board is getting more and more complicated... What with the stupid surface mount bios and extra-wide battery. Gone an bought a right lemon haven't I.... ;P Thank god for all the helpful people on here..

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The 1b is actually a better board than the 1c. The bios on the 1b is pin for pin for a unibios mod if you do it yourself. A lot of people get the 1C mostly for consolizing.

mr aize

Dodgeball Yakuza
Don't you have to solder on about 40 jumper wires though? Recon i'm gonna go with turfmasta's biosmasta, save myself the chore.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Ya about 40 wires. The NeoBiosMasta is a time saver.