Scart to component problems....

chazbc24

Cheng's Errand Boy
SCART to Component problems....
So I bought this, as recommended by the users here. And This on a whim. The result is my picture being WAY too green and slight distortion with the top part of the screen.

Is this common? I have no tv with a SCART input to test if its the cable or the converter. I JUST WANNA PLAY MY NEO in RGB without ripping it apart!

Thanks for your advice/input in advance.

NEO-GEO man

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Us
The cable is the right one, and that converter should do the job.

Is there any switches on that box though?

What kind of display is it plugged into? Is there a chance this display may have a multi-purpose component input that also dubs as an RGB with sync on green? Also, will it take a 15.75kHz progresive signal?

Fact of the matter is you cant play the NEO-GEO in RGB unless your display has RGB, depending on the display quality and size, you wont notice much difference when you step down to component though, it is the 2nd best analog signal, and a decent step up from s-video.

Official Ninja

Morden's Lackey
I have that same scart to component device. I use it with my NeoGeo with a Euro scart cable.

I get various results with it. I have a new 55" Sony LCD that works just fine with it.... An older LG TV works but sometimes the picture will come and go if the game has bright flashing (like a new batter up in Baseball stars 2).... an old Philips 20" tube TV and this works the best.

I dont get any distortion and the colors are fine. If you open up the device you can adjust the colors.... I don't know what you can do about the distortion though...