Help fixing an Neo Geo CD control pad

K

kyoisthekof

I just received this item in the mail, it's the control pad for the Neo Geo CD system. The person I got it from (as part of a big trade package) had left it on the floor, and his dog chewed through the wiring. Now... All the wiring is in tact, but the end that plugs into the Neo was destroyed, and I don't have that. I'm SURE I can just splice the wiring with that of a PC joystick extender, and have a perfectly workable controller...
However, I've no wiring diagram to help. No clue where these wires fit in:
Orange
Black
White
Red
Purple
Dark blue
Brown
Light Blue
Gray
Yellow
Pink
Dark Green
Light Green

Is there anybody out there that can help me on this?
Thanks!

NeoGML

Fighting Artist
look around www.GameSX.com
Here's a link at GameSX that i quickly found which may not help you, due to lack of color diagram things, but i'm sure you can find a pinout at GameSX.

K

kyoisthekof

Oh, that's awesome! I can deal with that, all I should be able to take the controller apart and know what wire does what (I hope). I'll let ya know!

K

kyoisthekof

Well... That KINDA helps. I'm gonna get the extra controller extension tomorrow, once I figure it out, I'll make sure I post that information. Wouldn't it be great if the internals of that extension had the same colored wiring???

K

kyoisthekof

Well, I took the controller apart, and there's really no clear way to know which wire goes where in that case... Hopefully I can figure it out on the new style arcade stick I've got. The person I traded with had one of those with the same problem, his dog had chewed through the wire. But that was easy, the console connector was still there, just has to clean the wiring up and all...

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Originally posted by kyoisthekof:
Well, I took the controller apart, and there's really no clear way to know which wire goes where in that case... Hopefully I can figure it out on the new style arcade stick I've got. The person I traded with had one of those with the same problem, his dog had chewed through the wire. But that was easy, the console connector was still there, just has to clean the wiring up and all...

I'm sorry to hear that it didn't work out for you (I've been waiting for you to post the results). I love animals (I have a dog myself), but it sounds like this guy's dog doesn't behave too well (unless its a puppy, of course). lol In either case, good luck with your project!

------------------
terry1.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!
http://neonews.cjb.net

[This message has been edited by NeoLord (edited January 31, 2001).]

K

kyoisthekof

No results yet, I haven't attempted to pull it off yet. What I actually intend to do, is to cut the wiring on the PC extender in two, creating solid connections for both ends... Plug the end of the PC extender into the Neo, turn it on, and experiment. Once I get the power going, it should all be process of elimination as to which wire does what. It'll be ok.
It'll just probably take me a year or two to finish (not really).
Stay tuned, maybe I'll make a website covering this... hehe