Hyper NeoGeo

bwi

20 Year Member
Not really technical but a lot more people look in here than the HNG section. How good are the 3d graphics in coparison to home systems like the DC and PS1/2? reason being for £195 with 3 games i feel its worth a look.

thanks

Bri

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
hmmm
somewhere between
PS1 and Dreamcast
i would say

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
somewhere right between psx1 and 3do you mean...

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Hey Fran I loved 3DO
smile.gif
That was the shit for it's time!! Haha, I still have my system here to play Way of The Warrior and the best versions of Need For Speed and Road Rash ever made... period! (Notice how I ended the sentence without a period)

-Nick

B

Bobak!

Yeah!!

I agree that the 3D0 is the shit! I just got mine 2 weeks ago and I can't stop playing! Gex is one of the tightest games I've played in a while. Even though the system is older than the PS1 and the Saturn by 3 years, the graphics and sound, IMO, are better (I used Road Rage 2, which I have on multiple formats, as my comparison).

Bobak!

B

Bobak!

That and the price, as I recall -it was more expensive than the Neo Geo's debut price!

(but not that godforsaken Pioneer Laseractive)

[This message has been edited by Bobak! (edited January 30, 2001).]

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
alright

its not really neo related but give a shit;
best games for the 3do:

road rage - couldnt bloody believe it,the game was so uplifting i wasnt so pissed off i had to bear such an atrocity:all those indie - grunge - yank - shite bands

twisted - uncle fez rules !!

doctor hauser - WICKED jap game,MANY things in common with Bio hazard,and people only remember alone in the dark when they want to talk about the origins of BH

shock wave - another lost classic,miles better than total eclipse

dragon's lair - average port,still dragon's lair is one of the coolest games EVER

crash n burn - so-so,i remember a small window with a grainy fmv and still i was impressed

the horde - another gem

out of this world - a superb port

super street fighter x - you people have no idea how badly i waited for tis...and it was a mega mega quality conversion.....
but please...dont get me started on the 3do pad

samurai shodown - bleargh...crystal dynamics are a bunch of idiots

total eclipse - fmv at its best

and last one,and i know i wont have much company on this

NIGHT TRAP !!

starring dana plato....another classic

say...i never tried its a bird life...
opinions?

dragynchylde

Cheng's Errand Boy
The pics I've seen make it seem more like a hi-res n64. BTW I'd kill for a laseractive w/o that damn karaoke pack though.

------------------

bwi

20 Year Member
SO are we saying its worth a purchase for £200 ($300) new with 3 games of my choice?

Bri

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
BWI,
The choice is yours on this one... see, the only down fall of the system is that it seems to be dead, and there is only a handful of games for it (5 maybe? and you can't play the gun and car games on the fighter board!?!) In my opinion I do not think the games that are out for it are worth it. I like the Samurai Showdown games, but that Fatal Fury game (Wild Ambition) is just garbage... oh well, they tried right? All and all if you are expecting Naomi type fighters or CPS3 quality 2D you will be let down. Think of 3D arcade graphics in 1998 and you have the hyper system, they are good, but nothing special now-a-days.

-Nick

bwi

20 Year Member
Yeah i know the system is dea, but i was thinking for the same price i couldnt even get a copy of last blade. As i like all the SS games i thought it may be worth a bash
smile.gif

Bri

B

Bobak!

Originally posted by bwi:
SO are we saying its worth a purchase for £200 ($300) new with 3 games of my choice?

Bri

Yeah, get a 3DO!
biggrin.gif

Joke!

ECM

Quiz Detective
And don't forget to snag Star Control II, Immercenary and Wing Commander!!!

3DO was (sorta) cool,
ECM

B

Bobak!

I had Star Control 1 for my Genesis (it was the biggest game at that point), and I loved it! I got to pick 2 up for 3DO, I heard the improved upon the computer version!

djbomberman

NAM-75 Vet
Where were you 3do people who had sft2x...I just sold 3 6-button contollers for 3d0 that worked awesome with that game. The pad was second to the Saturn pad for fighting.....to bad I already sold them.....just incase you have no Idea what I am talking about here is a pic of it....

23713297.gif

------------------
25713188.gif

The fire burns in my soul.

B

Bobak!

Whoa!

That's a cool controller! I also have Ssf2t and that would have been great to use!

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
course i tried it,
but it wasnt that better than the pad

just slightly better,but still a crying shame

neonut

Crossed Swords Squire
About the n64. I have one and I like it very much. The backgrounds on WA ansd SS 64 are great ( I play on an rgb) , but the character design isn't nearly as good as vitura fighter. I bought one real cheap just to say I have a 3D neo system................NEONUT