Shock Troopers & Metal Slug 2 Coming Soon To Neo-Geo Station

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok5cYMA5XGo

Making new thread because saner only talks about KOF and rarely ventures outside News & Rumors (and to lure BBH out of hiding).

Snide remark aside, Metal Slug 2, World Heroes, KOF '96 and (my personal favorite) Shock Troopers are coming to the Neo-Geo Station (as for when, I have no clue); KOF '95 and Baseball Stars 2 are already out now.

By comparison, SNK Playmore has released 34 games for the Wii's Virtual Console over the last four years:
http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/event/virtual-console/index_j.html

Take a good look at the link above, and you'll notice a few games that should (and hopefully, eventually will) be on Neo-Geo Station (namely Samurai Shodown II, Samurai Shodown III, Big Tournament Golf/Neo Turf Masters and Kizuna Encounter). Only time (and good netcoding) will tell if they make in on NGS's roster.

Depending on when the next four games for the Neo-Geo Station are released, that'll bring NGS's total to 16 games since launch. That's still a seven-month gap between the initial launch and the last set of games. In my opinion, I think they should try to release at least one new game a month as opposed to operating on an erratic schedule (and on top of that, not place netcoding priority solely on the top-tier titles).

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Shock Troopers is already available as part of the SNK Arcade Classics vol.1. I wish they'd port 2nd Squad instead.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
I bought Kof 95 for PS3 and PSP.

The PS3 online is really fun. Spent an hour playing it with random people. It was great.

The PSP version is good. I noticed one sound effect delayed, but other than that it ran very well. It's too bad the multiplayer on the PSP is local only.

Can't wait for some more games. The online is so cool. It doesn't track wins or losses so people tend to chill and play a more casual style.

Waverider2049

Kula's Candy
Definitely look forward to MS2 Coming out. I used to play this on a candy cab back in 1998. Haven't since.....

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
What I am hoping for is that SNK fixed the slowdown issue in MS2, that way I can get the patched rom and fix my MS2 for MVS. I'd love to play MS2 at full speed.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Shock Troopers and World Heroes scheduled for next week.

Please skip FF2 and directly release FF Special.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
I've bought a couple of these titles, even though I own them a few times over, because of the online play. Is anyone else just having terrible lag? I played a buddy of mine who's a state away and we never have lag issues with online games, but no matter who hosts or what we do, games like Metal Slug are so laggy and glitchy it's unplayable. If SNK can get a better netcode, I'm interested.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Last edited:

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
Hmmm... I've played a lot of Kof 94 and 95 online and encountered no lag. I'm playing random people. I set the preferences for people with a low ping and can usually find people to play any night of the week.

I just played some 94 matches with a few different people. All the games had no lag. The internet speed and population density in Tokyo may make it a better playing experience.

I can't wait for more KoF games. Even with just 94 and 95 available, so many people are playing them.

If Fatal Fury Special is released people are going to go crazy on it. I remember playing a lot of great matches on Xbox Live a long time ago.

I can't stand how slow they are putting these games out.

jepjepjep

King's Dry Cleaner
What I am hoping for is that SNK fixed the slowdown issue in MS2, that way I can get the patched rom and fix my MS2 for MVS. I'd love to play MS2 at full speed.

Well if there was ever a chance of this happening, this would be it since M2 is the company behind the Neo Geo station. They fixed a bug in Phantasy Star IV for the virtual console. I wish all emulated games went through M2. There is such a difference in quality between what they put out and most other companies (Backbone, etc.).

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I remember seeing an option to remove some glitches in Samurai Shodown 1. Not sure what it does exactly. Never played SS1 in depth.

However, MS1 did have a lot of slowdowns that I don't think existed in the original version. If they managed to do so well with MS2 to the point of removing its slowdowns, I hope they go back and fix the MS1 release as well.

Last edited:

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
What I am hoping for is that SNK fixed the slowdown issue in MS2, that way I can get the patched rom and fix my MS2 for MVS.

I'd love to play MS2 at full speed.

yea, MS2 minus the slowdown would be essential..

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Neo games are $7 or there abouts on Psn, $70 for the collection . IMO they're worht about a $3-4 a game. I mean I allready have them and can play them on dozens of other systems as well. I mean these all all pretty much bought and paid for and you don't need to do printing/pressing... just server costs. Plus the selection is old, tired and overplayed, for me at least.

The company that does the neo conversion did allright? The company that did the Sega Genesis games seems to have done a real crappy conversion job. At least choose a better texture filter.

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
Well I don't know about you guys, but, I'm a hardcore Neo-Geo fan and bought every NeoGeo Station title upon release and love playing it online with my good friends on PSN! I love the old classics and hope they bring us some Nam-75, Top Players Golf, and a few other oldies before breaking out all the newest titles. The main things that bother me about the NGS is lag in some games making Magician Lord online unplayable. But I love the NG Music player with the sound channels all being displayed and such. It's a shame that the newest titles such as World Heroes and Shock Troopers have issues playing back music from BBS Pro. It forces me to play the older set of games when I want to listen to the music in BBS Pro. Otherwise I'm totally digging the NeoGeo Station!

If anyone wants to play some Neo-Geo with me sometime, hit me up and I will gladly add you to the friends list! I own all the NGS games.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
I'm just hoping they fix the crappy netcode. Can't play a game with my friend a state away without lag.

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
I'm just hoping they fix the crappy netcode. Can't play a game with my friend a state away without lag.

Yeah my friend lives in NY and I live in CA, talk about some lag bro... I wanted to show him my skills in Magician Lord...however it's not going to happen, lol. BBS2 plays good though, as does Shock Troopers and a few others online.

wip3outguy7

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I picked up Neo Geo Station Shock Troopers earlier this week. It's a very good port. Does anyone else have it? Let me know if you're down for co-op play.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
POW was also released as a Mini, but like Ikari Warriors, you can't play 2-players, and there is no full screen stretch option.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
I picked up Neo Geo Station Shock Troopers earlier this week. It's a very good port. Does anyone else have it? Let me know if you're down for co-op play.

I picked it up and am loving it.

The net code is rock solid, unlike the previous asstastic netcode of Metal Slug. Now if only they could go back and fix that game I'd be even happier.

cyriades

Super Spy Agent
Almost makes me want a PS3. Just wish SNK would actually release more of their classics on XBox Live Arcade >_<

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
50% sale on NG Station games on PSN this week:

http://cyberfanatix.com/

ALPHA MISSION II
ART OF FIGHTING
BASEBALL STARS PROFESSIONAL
BASEBALL STARS 2
FATAL FURY
LEAGUE BOWLING
MAGICIAN LORD