Some questions on the world of MVS

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
Hello!

I have been buying home carts and CD's for years now. I have every home cart I have ever wanted, and most of the cds. Now I am intersested in the Arcade! MVS to Home converter, and would like to buy a few MVS carts to expand my collection. Here is my question to you: I have heard and read a lot about people having trouble with MVS carts. Things like sound troubles, dots and lines on the screen, and various glitches. I am wondering: is this really that common, or are these just a few isolated problems that pop up from time to time. Also, who should I avoid buying from off E-bay or other sources (I will NEVER support NGF in any way)?

So please help a long time SNK fan into the MVS world with your experiences in this realm. Thank you!
-Paul (Wallace)

------------------
"The un-examined life, is a life not worth living"

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Well, I can not comment on the problems seen with the converters, and if they are indeed the fault of the converter, but I can help you find some good people to buy carts from.

eBay:
mdgamesales - Starts auctions cheap, and has no reserves. He is willing to part with things cheap, and he always is very fast and professional. Also, if you do not want to want you can call him direct at 1-888-NEO-GEOS or http://www.mdgamesales.com ... The prices are fair, but there is cheaper out there.

Aslan11 - He is Rich from Game Sellers. I have had a few problems with items he has sent, but to be completly fair it is because I am just really picky and Rich has always done whatever it takes to make me happy (including a very fair exchange when I did not like the 6-slot board he sold me). Again his service is good, his items are pretty well kept (but usually require cleaning upon recieving). Also he usually starts the auctions higher then most other people, but he lists a ton of the same item (usually) which means you can normally get them cheap. You can also contact him directly at http://arcadeclassic.com/ or by phone at 909-789-6533

Adol - I have not seen him on eBay for a while, but he is a member of this board so I know he is still around. I have had numerous good deals with him, and he ships fast from France.

Ju707 - Had good luck with him and he has good stuff. A lot of times he will have a reserve set on his auctions, so you may not get a killer deal from him, but his prices aren't bad and his items are in good condition.

There are a ton of other great vendors on eBay, but it is always best to check the feedback since the best deals seem to come from smaller sellers. Anyway, thats my eBay advise...

-Nick

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
Thanks Nick! I have Delt with Adol before for PC-enigine and Home carts, and I am currently looking into Aslan on a few MVS games. I'll take a look at those others folks you recommend. Thanks again!

------------------

B

Bobak!

I also do most of my MVS buying off of eBay, I've dealt with all of the sellers Nruva has dealt with, and here's a few more good sellers:

bbu9715965@aol.com :He's very much like mdgamesales, although he usually has better prices. He's based outside of LA. My personal favorite because he uses buy-it-now.

egame1999 :a fair seller. He sells rare games frequently, but his shipping charge (7.50) is ridiculous (it should be a max of $5, domestic US). He's based in LA too.

I personally don't like mdgamesales very much -not only are his included marques laminated color copies, but bad ones at that.

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
Thanks!

------------------

B

Bobak!

If your just looking for carts, I also recommend Super Sellers of Japan (listed in the Links section). I've bought dozens of carts in bulk from them without any problems.