BILLY KANE COMING TO THE CONSOLE VERSION OF KOF XIII

Dizzy11523

Camel Slug
15 Year Member
Siliconera is reporting via the newest issue of Famitsu that Billy Kane is coming to the console version of The King of Fighters XIII! Details are sparse at the moment and it's unknown if there will be more console exclusive characters coming to the game, but we'll be sure to update as soon as we get more info.

The King of Fighters XIII is set to be released on PS3 and XBOX360 in Japan at the end of October and in North America "this holiday season" according to Atlus. In the meantime, you can pre-order the game on Amazon.com.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
The addition of Billy Kane can change any game entirely. Hope they do this right.

Ninjatemper

King's Dry Cleaner
Makes more sense for them to add a new team than just one new character. Yamazaki should be next.

Come on, "Union Jack shirt" version (a la FF2/S).
Knowing them, they'll probably go with the overalls outfit from FF1/KOF '95.
I agree, Yamazaki would be a solid addition to the roster.
That leaves three open slots for additional console and/or DLC characters (if the rumors are to be believed).

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Here is Ogura's official art for Billy.

Budqf-630x1050.jpg

Just as any pre-KOF charcter, Billy is in his original outfit and feel.

Billy was originally planned for KOFXII, to be in the Kim team. He was supposed to be the second 'Southtown villain' to be reformed by Kim along with Raiden. SNKP eventually turned to Hwa Jay for sprite ripping reason, and Billy was eventually canned.

Flame-Iori is also expected.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
That scan says "download character", so presumably that means Billy is DLC in Japan.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Flame Iori? I'm seeing potential here.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Yeah if they made a quality HD Samurai Shodown it'd be great.

cyriades

Super Spy Agent
It would make my millenium if Geese and Yamazaki were added. Then again, it would be totally insane if Rock Howard was added, but I'm not counting on it.

Blondin

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
The logic want yamazaki and geese to join billy... That's the badass team! Since we have been waiting for the game so long, would be reallyyyy nice to add some characters... Good idea, SNKP!

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I was hoping for the FF2 outfit, but I still prefer the FF1 one over his RB outfit.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
FF 2 Billy > RB Billy > FF 1 Billy

Still, the sprites and Nona artwork will make his FF 1 look something brilliant to behold.

As for next adds, if they're adding any more characters, I say they go whole hog and add Yamazaki and Mary to complete the '97 special team hat trick.

I'd also be pleased with Eiji, Krauser, Geese, Big and Rick.

And Wyler, just for laughs.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I REALLY want to like this game, so keep going SNKP with the DLC characters. They have such a huge uphill battle ahead of them. They'll never be SF4 hype or Mahvel hype, but they can at least match Blazblu

cyriades

Super Spy Agent
I REALLY want to like this game, so keep going SNKP with the DLC characters. They have such a huge uphill battle ahead of them. They'll never be SF4 hype or Mahvel hype, but they can at least match Blazblu

Yeah, Crapcom knows how to hype up and milk their customers with their crappy releases...Now, I'm not saying SNKP's track record has exactly been great, but KoFXIII is definitely looking to be their best release in a long time. I think it will be pretty hype. I know I'll be hyping up the game at the gamerooms at anime conventions.