sega game gear tv tuner

S

snkneogeousaCTH

I recently purchased a sega game gear tv tuner, but when I stick it in I can get sound but only fuzz on the screen. I've read about some compatibiliy issues, but I'm not sure what the prob is. My game gear serial number begins with a letter not a number Hellllp!

Rigel

The Ultimate 11
Originally posted by snkneogeousaCTH:
<strong>I recently purchased a sega game gear tv tuner, but when I stick it in I can get sound but only fuzz on the screen. I've read about some compatibiliy issues, but I'm not sure what the prob is. My game gear serial number begins with a letter not a number Hellllp!</strong><hr></blockquote>

Do you have an original game gear, or one of the newer ones that was made in the last few years?
I had heard that a company actually manufactured some in the last couple years, but they used a different design for the screen, so the tv adapters don't work with it.

S

snkneogeousaCTH

Yeah, Majesco Sales remade it... But I'm fairly sure this isn't one of those, since they were gray and this one is black and says Sega Inc. on the back.

Rigel

The Ultimate 11
Originally posted by snkneogeousaCTH:
<strong>Yeah, Majesco Sales remade it... But I'm fairly sure this isn't one of those, since they were gray and this one is black and says Sega Inc. on the back.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Ah, I see. I got nothing else then. I never got the TV adapter for my GameGear. Sorry dawg.

Plisken

Snaaaaaaake!,
majesco gg's are not compatable with the tv tuner, sadly.

if it's not that, check you have the right setting (uhf/vhf) and that the aerial is fully extended(sorry fo that sounds idiotic but my old one half the aerial was stuck inside as the top had come off..if you know what i mean)

S

snkneogeousaCTH

Yeah, it's all set up right. It's odd, I can get crystal clear sound, but once I'm locked into a station the waves go away and the screen is just blank... I guess I just bought myself a really exspensive radio :o .