octo gate for oldstyle _Modding Neo Geo AES stick_an empty thread from racketboy.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
So I'm looking to switch out the gate on my Neo Geo AES stick from the default square to an octo gate. However, I can't seem to find the proper manufacturer to pick up a new gate from. I've seen guides on the neo-geo.com forums that involve a wholesale replacement of the stick, buttons, and gate, but I'd rather not go that far. Does anyone know of an octo gate that will work on the AES stick?_MrPopo

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
So I looked at whats what a bit and it really seems like I should be able to just round out the square thats in there a bit. I think it could go almost 2 centimeters on the flat sides. Also is it possible to pull that clip off the bottom of the stick to flip the round thing that hits the restrictor?
Has this been tried with terrible results before?

NEO-GEO man

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Us
Id be interested to see what you come up with here :)

mastamuzz

Eager Beaver
just a thought on how to do it!

imposing a piece of plastic over the original square gate with an octo gate glued with epoxy!

I hope you get what I mean! everyone knows I suck at making sense!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
On mine I just cut four more corner on the stock square gate. Worked pretty well.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
On mine I just cut four more corner on the stock square gate. Worked pretty well.
Mines roundish now.The Drewmel sanding wheel sat in there perfect for tracing the circle then grinding and buffing. Feels nice!
pinkbutt.jpg

mastamuzz

Eager Beaver
How did you end cutting it Xian Xi? did you file the shape or which tool did you used?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I used a dremel with a cutting wheel then finished it with a file. It was pretty easy.

mastamuzz

Eager Beaver
as always you are the man with the answers, thanks Xian Xi!
works like a charm and is really easy to do! just 10 minutes and instant octo gate!