trying to save highscores

sadoanarcho

Kabuki Klasher
I just got a memory card for the AES system (they're quite rare and expensive in Switzerland). I bought it to save my highscores, but after saving a game, resetting and reloading, all scores are gone. I don't have a manual for it, so I'd be happy if someone could explain.

Vince2K

Crazed MVS Addict
You just can't save your hi scores on the memory card, just your level.

See ya!

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
Sorry mate

they're just useless

with ot without the manual

and you cant save your high scores

one question is probably spinnin in your head right now:
so why the fuck i bought one for?

i cant come up with a decent answer and..
oh,the irony of it all

i have TWO memory cards....

Vince2K

Crazed MVS Addict
Just thinking...

Play Magician Lord or Nam 75 for a while, and you'll understand the use of a memory card. Except if you're a god-escaping-da-bullets, like Fran ;o)

(lol, he has two memory cards, and he don't even use them, cuz of his incredible gaming abilities ^_^)

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
er....

i know i'm supposed to say something in french now,but i know nowt

and i've been round your parts twice

how i survived there for two weeks is still a mystery,really

Vince2K

Crazed MVS Addict
I know, beer is pretty much expensive than in UK here :o)

But with good vine, you can survive!!
(didn't you?)

BTW, respect to U for finishing both Nam 75 and Magician Lord with only one credit!

sadoanarcho

Kabuki Klasher
I think saving your level just kills the fun. You'll never get better in a game if you save yourself through to the end. I remember when I first played Last Resort, during the second level I guessed the high difficulty level would be a bad joke. Nowadays I finish the game on the hardest level without using the continue option. I love those games which are hard, but fair.

zapr

New Challenger
guys, sorry if I come across like an idiot - i'm just not really tech savy regarding the NEO like it seems a lot of you are. I have a memory card and I know that I can access a card management screen by holding all buttons on the controlle rand hitting reset. Problem is everything from there on in is completely in jap. Can anyone tell me how to format the card or erase everything on it?
thanks

[This message has been edited by zapr (edited January 24, 2001).]

sadoanarcho

Kabuki Klasher
Here's the English version:

1. Card Format
2. Display Data Name
3. Copy a Data
4. Delete a Data
5. File User's Name
6. End

To format the card, just press A at the first line. Press A again to format the card or B to return to the menu. Good luck!