!Arcade! Converter

K

kyoisthekof

I have a few questions about the acclaimed converter.
1) Is this a so-called "plug and play" device? Meaning will it be quick and easy to switch between playing home carts and playing mvs carts?
2) Will the games I play via MVS cart be compatible with the debug mods that Jeff Kurtz is so acclaimed for?
3) Will it require me to crack the case on my Neo home system? I really want it to remain a closed system, at all costs. I don't want the boards inside showing all the time.

Thanks guys, I know I'll have the questions answered.

------------------
- Who's the masta?

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
1. yes
2. yes
3. no -- just plug it in like a cart.

Jeff

K

kyoisthekof

Oh that is GREAT news. I'm contacting you via e-mail Jeff.

K

kyoisthekof

Ok, just found out my e-mail isn't working correctly, mailed you with another account.

doughboy

Lurker.
WAIT

No, don;t do it.

It will play SOME mvs carts, but it's only a bodge.

Some mvs carts WILL fail.

At least that's what I've been lead to believe.

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
!Arcade!'s convertor has been tested by well-known members of the Neo community (NeoLord, Big Bruno, and others) and works with even the newest protected MVS carts (Garou, etc.). I do not know of anyone testing NightMare In The Dark yet, but I would wager money that one will work as well.

-BioMotor_Unitron
ng_neogeoball.gif

[This message has been edited by BioMotor_Unitron (edited January 21, 2001).]

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Well it works with all the games I have wanted to play. Tell me what game you have been told it will fail on and I will try it since I have most all NGM carts. I can ost pics of it working if you like But I assure you I have not run across one that does not work yet. Although I have not tried them all just the newer and unreleased ones. and some of my old school games.

You told you they would not work anyway? Just wondering.

D

DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL

LOOKS LIKE A FKN NGFR..WORRIED ARE WE NGF??? I THINK YOU BETTER BE! AHHHHHHHAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAA..............................THY END IS NEAR...

------------------
SAMHAINBANNA.gif