KoF XIII Port this Winter

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Just got an email from Atlus saying they're publishing the game this "Holiday season." I didn't think it would ever happen. :vik:

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
Fuck yes! I really hope this makes up for the shortcomings of XII.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
I was happy to see in the email it says "vastly improved network functionality". Let's hope so! I'm pumped.

Clessy

Banned
My question is will it resolve one of my biggest issues. The game only has 5 background stages..... They should take all the stages from 12 and 13 to at least have a decent selection. Some home exclusive extras would be nice also.

cyriades

Super Spy Agent
Yeah, let's hope so. Just the mention of improved netcode is awesome...And I wonder about console exclusive characters?

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I posted in the other thread, but I just want to clarify:

These Atlus e-mails you guys are receiving are being sent to you as US customers, right? This is an announcement for a domestic NA release, right?

Because I can import and play on PS3, but a translated version would be tits.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
October 25th 2011 according to report at e3.

Sooner than we thought

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
I don't know how much longer my body can be ready. This is a fighting game overload. Seriously how can my body handle SSFIV AE, 3sOE, KOFXIII Street Fighter X Tekken and Tekken Tag 2?

I just hope that give KOF XIII some decent advertising cuz if not, it's gonna go straight down the toilet.

cyriades

Super Spy Agent
I've always known Atlus to publicize the stuff they develop / release etc. There's even a preorder page up on Atlus' site already, which leads to Amazon preorder pages. Oh, and it's not like us, the fans won't be spreading the word, either.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Oh Atlus, how I love you so.

Now all I need is SEGA to bring VF5: Final Showdown to consoles.

KoF XIII is just what I needed after the crippling disappointments that were MvC3 and MK9 (I know a lot of people like those games, and that's fine with me, but I hated them).

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
October 25th 2011 according to report at e3.

Sooner than we thought

October 25th is the date in most Romero movies when the zombie outbreak began.

It's also my birthday.

KOF XIII is being released on my birthday, and there may be zombies.

Best birthday ever.

cyriades

Super Spy Agent
Just preordered it as well. Also now have an X Arcade solo joystick on the way with every console adapter added. Will be useful at anime conventions, since I'll be bringing along my copy of XIII to most of them.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Preorder now ask questions later

Pre-Fucking-Ordered.png

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Oh man this is awesome news. I'm not holding my breath but I hope down the road they bring back Gai, Silber or some other characters from Buriki one.

That's their best hope for breaking into the mainstream scene in NA: Characters who look like actual FIGHTERS and warriors.

That's how MK took off so quick...everybody is ripped/stacked and is either a ninja, a soldier/mercenary or an elite martial artist.

But KOFXIII is doing alright in that regard as well....Joe/Hwa, Ryo, Takuma, Ralph, Big Bear etc. are all awesome.
And Mais tits still look good after all these years as well.
icon14.gif

Really awesome news though, makes the end of summer a little less depressing.

Last edited:

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Atlus being involved with SNKP is intriguing. Kyo would look right at home in a Persona game. Anyway, I'm holding off pre-ordering KOFXIII until a month-ish before in case any retailers offer bonuses.

Edit: I just realized... US release is announced, but no release at all for JP. Far out.

Last edited:

EX_Andy

Vanessa's Drinking Bud,
The game is, in fact, at E3 this year, guys. Not sure I can get to it today, though.

Yue

Baseball Star Hitter
Great! Finally!

Whether I get it or not depends on what you guys say after it comes out though....

If it's good I'll actually pay full price for it.

Rig

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Definitely excited, but, I'm waiting for reviews. Not gonna plunk down $50 for a "decent" (or worse) fighting game.

Fett

Camel Slug
FUCK YES! I have so much more faith in Atlus than I did Ignition, or SNKP for that matter.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
I creamed a little. Just letting you guys know how excited I am.

Clessy

Banned
Hmmm after mentioning collectors editions this came to mind. Drop the regular edition price to $39.99 and collectors to 59.99. Makes the regular retail price of the game for nice collectors edition.

Andy Is A Bastard

A Bastard, Andy Is,
This was the best news from E3 so far, IMO.

Atlus is a great company when it comes to localization AND listening to the fanbase, giving them what they want.

I trust them more than almost any other publisher to deliver the version I want. A day one buy for sure.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
Kind of neat news,
I wonder if atlus will do anything special for this.