MV-1B Problems!?

Helldiver

n00b
Hi everyone!

I recently got a 1-slot for my Jamma cabinet... a MV-1B, that was "supposedly" Brand New. When I went to try my Top Hunter cart on it, the game's controls were all weird (i.e., the 2nd player buttons were making BOTH characters jump and punch, the 1st player stick would only make your character "twith," and so forth). I then tried my Metal Slug 2 cart on it, and it controlled fine -- no problems. Having no way to try my Top Hunter on another motherboard, I just figured it must be defective (if it was the 1-slot, then why would MS 2 work.. at least that's what I "did" think). Today I got a Real Bout and S. Shodown 2 carts in the mail... when I went to try them, they did the exact same thing as the TH cart (the same control problems). I did notice that when I go into the Test mode, the controls in it are all wrong as well... controls the same way as it does on those 3 carts. Am I right in assuming that my 1-slot is crap!? I can't really imagine 3 carts from different ppl would be screwed-up in the exact same way. Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this... can it be fixed? Any help or opinions would be much appreciated!

Thank You!

wjw123

Krauser's Henchman
Originally posted by Helldiver:
Hi everyone!

I recently got a 1-slot for my Jamma cabinet... a MV-1B, that was "supposedly" Brand New. When I went to try my Top Hunter cart on it, the game's controls were all weird (i.e., the 2nd player buttons were making BOTH characters jump and punch, the 1st player stick would only make your character "twith," and so forth). I then tried my Metal Slug 2 cart on it, and it controlled fine -- no problems. Having no way to try my Top Hunter on another motherboard, I just figured it must be defective (if it was the 1-slot, then why would MS 2 work.. at least that's what I "did" think). Today I got a Real Bout and S. Shodown 2 carts in the mail... when I went to try them, they did the exact same thing as the TH cart (the same control problems). I did notice that when I go into the Test mode, the controls in it are all wrong as well... controls the same way as it does on those 3 carts. Am I right in assuming that my 1-slot is crap!? I can't really imagine 3 carts from different ppl would be screwed-up in the exact same way. Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this... can it be fixed? Any help or opinions would be much appreciated!

Thank You!

MV-1B is a trackball only slot one. That make 4 of us ripped off. Sad very sad.

Try Jeff if he can fix this for you.

Helldiver

n00b
Oh man! So that MV-1B I got is only suppose to work with trackball games and nothing else... ugh!? The only trackball game I know of is Irritating Maze. Any thoughts as to why Metal Slug 2 works on it (would it be possible to "fry" something eventually, since MS 2 isn't a trackball game)?

Feeling really stupid,
Helldiver

Mike

Bead Banger
Get a hold of Jeff Kurtz, the moderator on this forum. He can fix it for you for about $30.00

Helldiver

n00b
Ok guys, I just wanna say thanks! I got ahold of Jeff and will be sending it to him soon... I REALLY appreciate the help.

Glad I asked,
Helldiver