Weird visible AES cart soldering on connectors...

theshuaman

New Challenger
I'm not even sure how to explain this properly so that everyone understands what I mean, or if this subject has already been touched on hundreds of times, but here goes...

I have 2 AES cartridges that look to have a tad of soldering on just one spot (i.e. - one "golden finger") of the connection portion of the board.
And if you happen to push in the black plastic that protects the insides, you can see a wire attached to what looks like a small spot of soldering.

Is this just some sort of repair or a boot??? Does anyone know what the heck I'm even talking about???

NEO-GEO man

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Us
I know what youre talking about yes. Its a wire to connect a point that may not have been connected and needs to be.

What games? This is the part that will determine more info without us actually seeing the internals of the carts, which would be best way to tell if you care to open them up.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Could be a repair or even a boot. Possibly from a broken trace.

some carts do have a wire running into the middle of connector, ground area. Possibly a design oversight. Not too sure about it thought as has been like a decade since I opened all my carts. :eye:

theshuaman

New Challenger
I really appreciate everyone replying as any help is awesome.
I actually took some pics last night of the carts. The ones in question are Street Hoop and World Heroes Perfect. Both look legit in every way otherwise (cart sticker, insert, booklet, you name it). And here's the crazy thing...when I was taking pictures, I noticed that the mystery thing is located in the EXACT same place in both carts. When I was examining the WHP, it actually doesn't look like solder so much as it looks like a very small square with a circle in the middle of it. And when you push in the black plastic, you can see a blue-ish colored wire attached (both carts have a blue-ish colored wire).
So this could very well be a factory fabricated design or perhaps repair of some sort that was mentioned.
What gives, I say, what gives?!?!?!?!

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Your main concern here should be the paper components as this is what determines a counterfeit AES cart. Do the cart labels have rounded edges? Are the inserts and manuals consistent in comparison to others released in that same year.
BB

theshuaman

New Challenger
Your main concern here should be the paper components as this is what determines a counterfeit AES cart. Do the cart labels have rounded edges? Are the inserts and manuals consistent in comparison to others released in that same year.
BB

Indeed! Everything checks out. Cart stickers are perfectly rounded and glossy. Case inserts are the factory paper stock with professional looking print grain. Booklets have epilepsy warning inserts. Blah blah blah...all seems good in that department

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Indeed! Everything checks out. Cart stickers are perfectly rounded and glossy. Case inserts are the factory paper stock with professional looking print grain. Booklets have epilepsy warning inserts. Blah blah blah...all seems good in that department

That is all that really matters in the grand scheme of authenticity. PCB's are the last thing to be concerned about. You could remove the PCB's and still claim to have an authentic AES copy of a game as long as the paper components are preserved.
BB

caren103

King's Dry Cleaner
I saw that same with a Stakes Winner; all art seemed original, so I thought it could be a repair work.

villahed94

n00b
It could probably be a repaired cart. That wire seems to be to repair a trace. I seriously doubt SNK did it.