Whatever happened to Metal Slug HD?

A few years back I was psyched about the news of SNK playmore considering a hd remake, but I've not heard anything since then. I hope it does happen, because im tired of the sub par sequels the've been hashing out on portable systems. Anyone got new info on this topic?

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
I was verry skeptical about the announcement of MSHD since MS 3D was a disaster and also because SNKP did not even have the resources to get KOF XII done. However, it that changeas and MSHD can be the calibre that KOF XII & XIII are then I see potential.

arcwyvern

King's Dry Cleaner
I think that it's sadly safe to say that if we don't get kof13 on consoles, things like MSHD will never be happening. Maybe E3 has some announcements. I so badly want anything new from SNKP that isn't a snoozer shmup.

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
SNKP failed to make a profit on KOFXII because too much time/$ was put into graphics development of that game.

SNKP could have gotten a pretty damn good result if they went an HD MOTW route; no CG pre-rendered animation. They should have just focused on a fun game with a boss at least.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
SNKP failed to make a profit on KOFXII because too much time/$ was put into graphics development of that game.

SNKP could have gotten a pretty damn good result if they went an HD MOTW route; no CG pre-rendered animation. They should have just focused on a fun game with a boss at least.

KOF XII had Pre-rendered CG animation?
The game was damn fun BTW.
Plus, in regards to the whole issue of cost: with re-booting a whole series like this by creating a new graphical engine an exorbident cost/budget is part of the process. It costs more upfront but then less over time as it gets used in future installments.

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
KOF XII had Pre-rendered CG animation?
The game was damn fun BTW.
Plus, in regards to the whole issue of cost: with re-booting a whole series like this by creating a new graphical engine an exorbident cost/budget is part of the process. It costs more upfront but then less over time as it gets used in future installments.

Apparently, SNKP felt the need to create all the characters with CG models, then trace, and hand color them.. thus having each character take over a year to complete. Looking at games like Last Blade & MOTW says they can animate/draw well without this added step.

arcwyvern

King's Dry Cleaner
Apparently, SNKP felt the need to create all the characters with CG models, then trace, and hand color them.. thus having each character take over a year to complete. Looking at games like Last Blade & MOTW says they can animate/draw well without this added step.

i never knew this! talk about taking the long way around. no wonder kof12 is an unfinished product. MOTW was just behind SF3 in hand drawn animation and on 16 bit hardware no less. I think SNKP must hate having money so they come up with frivolous dev methods for a feature-starved game. Oh, and with their most prestigious and well known franchise.