MVS 1 slot problem :(

RDS777

n00b
Hey everyone

Just got me a 1 slot stereo board, it's great. One problem though
frown.gif

The top few inches of the monitor is warping to the left side.

Fiddling with teh power supply changed it's scope, but it still remains. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong? Maybe the monitor?

Robi15

20 Year Member
It can be the monitor. To change monitor for example 20" costs around 400US with the job!! And then you get a NEW monitor. To change the power to little higher can fix that problem.

Hope this helps little. I know that it's not much. But I had the same problem and changeing the power to little higher fix'd it.

Robi15

[This message has been edited by Robi15 (edited January 15, 2001).]

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
Sounds like the monitor may just need a cap kit. These cost around $10 from most coin-op distributors. Failing capacitors in a monitor are usually the cause of screen warping due to their inability to change fully. If, you have never worked on a monitor, doing it yourself can be a dangerous task. The high voltage must be discharged before performing this task.

RDS777

n00b
Originally posted by twalden:
Sounds like the monitor may just need a cap kit. These cost around $10 from most coin-op distributors. Failing capacitors in a monitor are usually the cause of screen warping due to their inability to change fully. If, you have never worked on a monitor, doing it yourself can be a dangerous task. The high voltage must be discharged before performing this task.

Na, can't be the caps, every other board I toss in the cab is displaying good.
frown.gif

I'm thinking the thing is just puting out a Vsync the monitor can't do. Either that, or my power supply isn't putting out enough amps.
frown.gif

::sigh::

The joys of being your own arcade tech.
smile.gif

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
What is the make and model of the monitor?

RDS777

n00b
Good question.
frown.gif

I know it's a WG, and I know it was one that was used in Joust cabs when they were first out.

Narrows that down TONS don't it
smile.gif
I know, but that's about all the info I've got on it.
frown.gif

I'm half thinking about just geting someone out to just ID it so I can grab a cap kit, just to get it completely up, then finding how the powers going through it, and rewire the entire thing from scratch. It's SUCH a hack job
frown.gif